Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM Layout Views Not Showing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jason.Piercey
327 Views, 3 Replies

SSM Layout Views Not Showing

Appears there is a difference in behavior between AutoCAD 2021 and 2022 when it comes to layout views showing up in the sheet set manager.  In this particular case I'm not actually placing a view from a model drawing but rather creating a view in the layout. These are simple schedules and don't really need to be placed like a typical plan or section/detail from modelspace of a resource drawing.

AutoCAD 2021 you can create a view in a layout that is member of a sheet set and that view will appears just as if you've placed a view on the sheet via traditional methods. In AutoCAD 2022 the views fail to show up.

Why?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Explain in a lot of detail (name commands or options or functions) how you did that in 2021, and explain where it breaks in 2022.

Also start ABOUT command in 2022: if it does not list 2022.1 as your version you have an update to install (it requires a PC restart afterwards).
Message 3 of 4
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: pendean

Since you're evidently not familiar with how to create a view...

1. Much like drawing a line using the LINE command. It's eerily similar for views, you use the VIEW command. 
  2.  You can access the view command in a variety of ways. Using the command line and typing it in with the keyboard, the Named View button on the view toolbar (assuming it's visible), pressing the appropriate button on the ribbon (again, assuming it's enabled), a mouse button could be programmed, or perhaps a shortcut is defined via the PGP file. Any of these common procedures are acceptable.
  3. After you've invoked the command via any of the previously mentioned ways, if you look near the upper right corner of the resulting user interface, you'll notice a button labeled "New...". Press it with your mouse pointer or you can press the TAB key several times until the focus is on the "New..." button and press enter, on the keyboard.
  4. After pressing the previously mentioned "New..." button you'll be greeted with yet another user interface element that has various options. One of those options, right at the top, provides the ability to name the view. You can type, again with the keyboard, any valid alphanumeric characters. There are other options in the current interface to set additional parameters, but in an effort to keep this simple, even though you asked for a lot of detail, you can press the "OK" button near the bottom. 
  5. Once the secondary dialog is suppressed by pushing the previously mentioned "OK" button, you'll see yet another "OK" button on the first user interface element. Look near the bottom, if you're unable to locate it. I can post a screen shot, if it will help.
  6. Still with me? I know, it's exhausting. 
  7. All of the above needs to be done on a layout that is a member of a sheet set. Do I need to go into a lot of detail on how to create a sheet set and adding a sheet? I can, but I digress... 
  8. On the "Sheet Views" tab in the sheet set manager you can list views by category or by sheet. If by sheet is enabled, the view you just created, should appear in the list on the sheet that was current when the view was created. 
  9. This process works just fine in AutoCAD 2021. In AutoCAD 2022 (AutoCAD 20222.1 in my case) it fails to display on the sheet view tab.
  10. Now, sure, I could create the view in a Model View drawing and place it on the sheet (do I need to go into a lot of detail on that works? I can, but once again, I digress...) but I really shouldn't have to.

Let me know if there are other details that you require before diagnosing the problem.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Thanks for sharing the detailed steps you used: that works fine here in R2022.1 in Win10Pro for me as it always has in R2021.1.1, no magic, tested it in 3 separate projects to confirm.

pendean_0-1631905969492.png 

pendean_1-1631906124898.png

Tested it on my laptop with another project located on a remote server, and it seems to work fine there too in R2022.1 in Win10Pro.

All I can find in the forums for this type of error was a user who reported the problem went away the next day, so that's no help to you today if it's still happening. There might be others that are older but nothing relevant so far.

You'll probably need to start a support ticket through your Accounts Page, select the option for a call-back, so someone there can dig into your setup and find out why it's not working for you https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report