Did you mean: 

Spell Check not working

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
DalyceT
3134 Views, 19 Replies

Spell Check not working

I have recently had a problem that spell check was not working in my drawings in AutoCAD 2015.  It has definitely worked in the most recent past.

I thought if it is not working maybe it was time to update to AutoCAD 2018.

My install went quite easy but still when I tried to do a spell check, I get nothing.  I even typed over existing words and make them extremely wrong within the text on the current drawings and title-blocks but nothing is picked up to be spelt wrong.

Another weird thing is when I add new text to the current drawings that is obviously misspelled, spell check catches that word only?!?!?!

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: DalyceT

I suggest you use SPELL command. hope this helps

Message 3 of 20
BeKirra

Hope this helps.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Spell-...

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 4 of 20
DalyceT
in reply to: Anonymous

This does not work for the drop down or typing it in at the command line. Will not correct obviously misspelled words.
Message 5 of 20
DalyceT
in reply to: BeKirra

I have tried this from a few difference peoples files and still spell check does not correct spelling mistakes still.
Message 6 of 20
pendean
Message 7 of 20
BeKirra

@DalyceTwrote:
I have tried this from a few difference peoples files and still spell check does not correct spelling mistakes still.

If I understand correctly, it works but it doesn't check the spelling correctly.

Please then double-check the dictionary you use in "Options". The process is descripted in the link which both Dean & I attached.

Select the correct dictionary:

1. Go into Options, to the Files tab.
  2. Expand "Text Editor, Dictionary, and Font File Names."
  3. Expand "Main Dictionary."
  4. Double-click the desired language dictionary.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 8 of 20
DalyceT

I have done everything suggested and even rebooted to make sure the change is in place. I return to a drawing I left an obvious spelling mistake on a titleblock and it sees no errors. I then change some text within the drawing that is in an MTEXT and it too does not see the spelling mistake; it tells me the drawings has no mistakes.
Message 9 of 20
BrianBenton

Did you try to Repair your AutoCAD installation? If you log on to your workstation as a different user does it work? If so then perhaps your user profile is corrupt? 

Brian C. Benton

bbenton@cad-a-blog.com
http://CAD-a-Blog.com
twitter.com/bcbenton
www.facebook.com/CADaBlog

Message 10 of 20
DalyceT
in reply to: BrianBenton

What do I have to do to repair my AutoCAD installation?
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

unistall and reinstall mate
Message 12 of 20
DalyceT
in reply to: Anonymous

Did not work either.
Message 13 of 20
pendean

Reset AutoCAD after you delete all of your dictionary files and unplug from the network: then test it to confirm it's still there.

How to reset https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...
Message 14 of 20
DalyceT
in reply to: pendean

Will this not get rid of my customs settings I like to use while drafting?
Message 15 of 20
pendean

Yes it will, but you can back that up first to restore later after the test I suggested (and hope it doesn't break and is the reason your spell checker is broken if it starts working after the reset).

Tap your Windows Start Button, AutoCAD 20xx (xx is your year version), Export AutoCAD Settings tool.
Message 16 of 20
BeKirra

Before removing your personal settings, can you attach a sample dwg file with the problem here ( I am using v2016)? I suspect there is a drawing file issue.

Or can you confirm that this problem can be found in every drawing file?

X² + Y² = C²
Message 17 of 20
DalyceT

I have made two obvious spelling mistakes. First is in the title block for MAIN FLFOOR PLANyy and the second is naming the drawing MAIN FLOOR PLANzz.
Spell check does not catch these. I work in 2018 but save in 2013.
Message 18 of 20
pendean

Forgive me, this is not meant to be rude, but you are either skipping advice being presented here or you've got something way more serious going on that you might want to hire your local reseller's technical staff to help address moving forward (not free).

Don't have reseller? Get one, here is where you can find them https://www.autodesk.com/partners/locate-a-reseller

Keeps up updated on the final solution.
Message 19 of 20
DalyceT
in reply to: pendean

I have tried all the advice but I still cannot get it to work so with all the deadlines that I am dealing with, I then have to ask a co-worker to do a spell check for me before they are forward3ed on to clients.
Message 20 of 20
pendean

Glad the tip worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report