Did you mean: 

Snapdragon X Elite

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ku69454
12825 Views, 10 Replies

Snapdragon X Elite

Hi All,

Will Autocad 2024 and Auto tracker run on the new Snapdragon X Elite on Surface pro 11

Labels (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: ku69454

Nope

From system requirements: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirement...

ARM Processors are not supported.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 11
ku69454

Dose this mean even with emulation it wont work. I know Auto desk official stance is that it wont work on ARM processors but i have seen some comments on line that it will  

Message 4 of 11
pendean

@ku69454 wrote:

..but i have seen some comments on line that it will  

Where please? I suspect you're just a year or five too early for AutoCAD to go there, best i can find is

pendean_0-1716303507311.png

@ku69454 wrote:

Dose this mean even with emulation it wont work....  

Why not test it and find out

pendean_1-1716303355456.png

Is your intent to only use AutoCAD casually or occasionally? Then this is likely your better option 

https://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-web/overview?term=1-YEAR&tab=subscription

pendean_0-1716303241960.png

Message 5 of 11
ku69454

@pendean Thank you  so much for your response.Really appreciate it.

Honestly i cant remember where i found the statement. I am looking to purchase the new surface pro 11 that has the Snapdragon X Elite so i cant really buy it and insatll CAD and test it. Unless Microsoft have a good return policy 🙂 

AS for the use i would like to actually do some 2D drawings on CAD so was hoping to use the main version of CAD 

Message 6 of 11
pendean

@ku69454 wrote:

....AS for the use i would like to actually do some 2D drawings on CAD so was hoping to use the main version of CAD 

Judging solely by what little I have found, including that DWGTRUEVIEW review, I recommend you either go with AutoCAD for MAC to enjoy a robust ARM platform, or purchase a more traditional laptop solution (even from Microsoft if you like fan-free super-light devices that throttle back hard on performance when it is not plugged into a power source).

Best wishes.

Message 7 of 11
sameh_m_awd

Dear All, 

Hope you are doing well. I actually manage to run revit and autocad on surface pro copilot / snapdragon plus processor and it is perfectly fine. I had not tested it for large files yet. 

Message 8 of 11
huyuit0354
in reply to: sameh_m_awd

Could you share about How many ram on your surface pro copilot which you used for run the revit ?
Message 9 of 11
Archiworks
in reply to: sameh_m_awd

hey mate, if you can show perhaps a youtube video of revit on snapdragon that would be ace! 

Message 10 of 11
Simon_Weel

I doubt Autodesk will churn out versions of their most popular titles for processors that aren't main-stream. Let alone all of them. Like Mac-users are begging for a Mac version of Revit for years now and it won't happen.

So keep in mind what software you want to use if you're shopping for a new computer. 

Message 11 of 11
Archiworks
in reply to: Simon_Weel

I agree. I have given up now and carry 2 laptops, one for dedicated revit
and other for office tasks.There is nothing more unproductive and painful
than a slow revit setup. Personally can't afford $$ of ram on a mac setup
and yearly subscription to parallels. I would be very keen to see revit on
snapdragon and seeing how buggy it is.

I run revit on a laptop intel ultra 9 185h on the igpu, impressive that it
runs but the micro lag between loading views and sheets and processing is
un bearable.

The second laptop is just a clean machine for revit with no distractions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory