Show all endpoints of a polyline

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
FelipeMolon
515 Views, 7 Replies

Show all endpoints of a polyline

Hi!

I was wondering if there's a way of showing every endpoint of a polyline. I have to place all the dimensions in a drawing, and having those endpoint visible would help me a lot.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: FelipeMolon

@FelipeMolon ,

Apart from using the GRIPS (System Variable), you can use certain APPS to facilitate the process:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 8
FelipeMolon
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

It's not what I'm looking for, but, man! This 7cad Polyline will help me a lot in many other situations!

Thanks, mate!!!

What I'm looking for is some command to make my snap points visible so i can use them as a guide to place the dimension lines. Something that I cant turn on and off.

But again, what an amazing tip you gave me! Thanks

Message 4 of 8
pendean

@FelipeMolon wrote:

....What I'm looking for is some command to make my snap points visible so i can use them as a guide to place the dimension lines. Something that I cant turn on and off.

Nothing in the program OOTB does that.

Message 5 of 8
Kent1Cooper

I don't know whether you can illustrate what you're talking about, but it's not clear to me.

Are you looking for something like grips, but without having the Polyline selected, so that they're visible during a Dimensioning command?

And by "endpoints" do you mean [as I assume from other parts of your descriptions, but just to be sure] anything that ENDpoint Object Snap would latch onto, that is, in the case of a Polyline, all its vertices?  Or do you perhaps mean only its start- and end-point vertices, and not any intermediate ones?

For Dimensioning purposes, is it not sufficient to have ENDpoint set as a running Object Snap mode, and let that show you, and use, any of those points?  You wouldn't see them all at the same time, but you would see the relevant ones as you move the cursor around when the Dimensioning command is looking for points.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 8
Valentin-WSP

@FelipeMolon ,

Maybe someone can provide you with a LISP that places nodes, or blocks (on a no plot layer) on all the vertices of the polyline - like the link [to load use the APPLOAD (Command)]:

ValentinWSP_0-1719839939580.png

ValentinWSP_1-1719840421184.png   ValentinWSP_0-1719840380377.png

ValentinWSP_2-1719840664940.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 7 of 8

You can insert blocks or points or circles in the desired layer, color, etc. into the polylines start and end points. In XDPoint with the XDPOINT_CREATE command.
In its simplest application: ON -- SINGLE -- START and ON -- SINGLE -- END. Describe for START, add to the top of the window with the "^ ^ Add" button, describe for END, also add. Select these descriptions in the upper part of the window and Ok.

With the XDLabel command XDLABEL_CREATE you can create not blocks but inscriptions (Texts, MTexts, Leader, MLeader) of polyline lengths or the like.

In both XDPoint and XDLabel, if the polylines are changed, the inserted blocks/inscriptions will be respectively moved after the XDPOINT_UPDATE and XDLABEL_UPDATE commands, and the content of the inscriptions will change accordingly.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

Message 8 of 8
FelipeMolon
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Thanks mate!

That did the trick for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report