Sheets plot in black and white but publish in color

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
dan.laccetti
988 Views, 11 Replies

Sheets plot in black and white but publish in color

Hello,

My problem is pretty much just the title. The new user is running AutoCAD MEP 2023 - using profile/template/plot style that other users have gotten started up on and publish with no issue. We are publishing to Adobe Acrobat whatever the latest edition is. 

I have tried setting PSLTSCALE to (0) (it was set to (1) to no avail. Restarted AutoCAD MEP, reloaded the plot styles etc.. has all failed. 

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dmfrazier
in reply to: dan.laccetti

[Note: PSLTScale has nothing to do with it.]

It would be helpful to show us, for comparison, images of the Plot dialog and the Publish dialog.

Something is different between them.

Message 3 of 12
dan.laccetti

See attached.

Message 4 of 12
dan.laccetti
in reply to: dmfrazier

Didn't reply to you by mistake. 

See attached.

Message 5 of 12
dmfrazier

"Didn't reply to you by mistake."

Not a problem. The "system" notifies me anyway.

When you plot, you're specifying a plot style (CTB file).

When you Publish, since the plotted sheets have no page setups, the PDF driver plots based on object colors, by default.

If you want to use Publish and have the output in black, then you have to either draw everything in white or apply a page setup with a "monochrome" plot style that converts colors to black.

Message 6 of 12
dan.laccetti

Hello,

We had tried creating a publish page set up already. Typically we wouldn't (thus the <none> you see). We would dedicate the plot we want individually as we set up drawings (or save as an existing drawing with the correct plot set up). This then translates to being able to publish with <none> as the page set up, as it is already dictated. This method has not been an issue for any other users that are running 2023 MEP (or any other version of AutoCAD).

I supervised the creation of a page set up 'PDF 1' that plots in black and white but publishes in color. See attached. 

Thank you!

Message 7 of 12
dan.laccetti

Color with Publish.

Message 8 of 12
user181

Hi @dan.laccetti  you say the user is using AutoCAD MEP 2023.  If you haven't already, open basic autocad and set the paths to the ctb plot styles in autocad as well, then close it and then restart the MEP and see if it works. I've had this problem with civil 3d. 

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
dmfrazier

Let's clarify what it is you want to happen.

Do you want a black plot from both, or do you want a color plot from both? (I assumed you want black from both.)

Your Plot dialog image indicates that your unnamed page setup ("None") specifies a CTB file (PRES PENS.ctb) and has "Plot with plot styles" enabled. Is this CTB for plotting in color or in black?

(Note: I also see that "Publish in background" is enabled. This is known to be problematic. You might try turning that off as a test.)

Message 10 of 12
dan.laccetti

You're right! I should make that clear. I want to plot and publish in black and white. The Pres Pens CTB is for plotting in black and white. 

Message 11 of 12
pendean

@dan.laccetti What are the pagesetup settings for these 5-sheets please

pendean_0-1679059313764.png

Next step would be for you to share your DWG(s) and your non-color plotstyle table here for others to test.

Message 12 of 12
dan.laccetti
in reply to: user181

This did the trick!

We opened up Vanilla AutoCAD 2023 on the users computer, hovered over the our friend the Giant A in the upper left hand corner, hovered over the print icon and clicked 'Manage Plot Styles'. We then imported the PRES PENS CTB file to vanilla AutoCAD. We did a dummy PDF and set the profile to current for good measure. When going back to AutoCAD MEP 2023, publish (even with the page setup set to <none> 😮 ) gave us the black and white print we were looking for (aka was executing the CTB file we wanted).

Thank you user181!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta