Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copied Object Pastes in Wrong Location

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jkamler
369 Views, 4 Replies

Copied Object Pastes in Wrong Location

I upgraded to AutoCAD 2023 for Mac.  When I copy CMD-C any object (2D or 3D) and then paste CMD-V (specifying 0,0,0), it erroneously offsets the pasted object.  In previous versions specifying 0,0,0 using CMD-V always pastes at the identical origin of the copied object.  The farther the object origin is from 0,0,0, the less the offset error.  Is there a new global setting I'm missing.  This seems like a bug.  THX.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: jkamler

@jkamler wrote:

Is there a new global setting I'm missing. 

Try the AutoCAD for Mac forum.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 5
TomBeauford

In Windows PASTEORG pastes objects from the Clipboard into the current drawing using the original coordinates so it always pastes into the exact same position regardless of the point used when you copied the object.

Ctrl+V PASTECLIP pastes objects from the Clipboard into the current drawing at the point you specify. This would only do what you're looking for if you used the same coordinates for COPYBASE as you did with PASTECLIP.

Keyboards are different but I'm sure the PASTEORG is in the Mac version and it's the command you should be using.

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter
Message 4 of 5
vinodkl

Hello @jkamler 

Can you try by turning of "DYNMODE" to "0"?

Type in the command "DYNMODE" and set it to "0" in the drawing in which you are trying to paste and see if that works. If not then let us know which version you were using earlier and screen recording of what exactly you are seeing on your screen so that we can help you out 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: vinodkl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report