Did you mean: 

sending files with pdf as xref

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3480 Views, 3 Replies

sending files with pdf as xref

I'm sending a dwg out to others, which consist pdfs as xref. Since we are not allowed to bind pdf into a dwg file in autocad, does anybody know if others could see the pdf when they receive it? If not, how to send cad file with pdf to others?  thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Either use eTRansmit, or manually add the PDF files to your transmittal (ZIP file maybe?)

As long as the recipient drops all of your files in the same folder, the PDF references should show up for them.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Which version of AutoCAD are you using?  If your main drawing has xref's you don't need to bind them to share the content. Just include all the drawings when you send them out.  If you are using 2017.1 or newer, you can use PDFimport to create vector geometry from the  Vector-based PDF. 

Does this make sense?  Can you share a couple files that you are trying to use for collaboration?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or @rkmcswain's helped you with your problem. Please mark a post or posts as accepted solutions if they resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report