Did you mean: 

Selection Cycling - AutoCAD 2015

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3112 Views, 7 Replies

Selection Cycling - AutoCAD 2015

Hi, I'm having difficulty getting selection cycling to function in AutoCAD 2015. Our users have the function turned on, but the list box setting turned off in order to cycle through selection using SHIFT+SPACEBAR as in previous versions. The "How to cycle through overlapping objects for selection in AutoCAD" section of the AutoCAD helpfile seems to imply that this function has been done away with in that it refers you only to the Selection Cycling Dialog box but then there is also the section entitled "To Select Overlapping or Close Objects" which directly states that cycling using SHIFT+SPACEBAR is still valid. I've played around with the SELECTIONCYCLING and LEGACYCTRLPICK variables but Neither seem to affect what I'm trying to do despite various posts on forums suggesting that it will. Is this issue resolvable or is it an occasion where I need to encourage our team to "embrace the change"?! Thanks in advance Robbo
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I also appear not to be able to insert linebreaks in my posts... apologies for what now appears to be a rather garbled post
Message 3 of 8
nestly2

It works as described in HELP here.  It is important to hit SHiFT before SPACE, otherwise the SPACE is recognized as <enter>

The other possibility is that SELECTIONPREVIEW is disabled.  In order to cycle through the objects, you need a visual clue, so SHIFT+SPACE won't work if SELECTIONPREVIEW = 0 and SHIFT+SPACE only works when a command is active if SELECTIONPREVIEW=2

In the animation below,

SELECTIONPREVIEW = 3  (default)

LEGACYCTRLPICK = 2 (default)

Selection cycling with keys.gif

With regard to the missing linebreaks in your message, your browser (or your IT department) is probably blocking one or more of the scripts (javascript) the forum uses for text formatting  (ie lithium.com and addthis.com)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks, I had theses settings enabled already but now it seems to have started working! Thanks again for your help
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I am trying to Fillet two lines.  The cycle symbol shows up on the first line I pick but not the second line.  I can only pick the the object in the front.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8
nestly2

COMMANDPREVIEW will interfere with selection cycling anytime multiple solutions are available.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

YOUR AWESOME Nestly!!! Smiley LOL

I changed the COMMANDPREVIEW variable to 0 and Selection Cycling works just fine now!

Thank you very much!

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I  just right clicked on the selection cycling button and selection cycling options appeared and i chose display selection cycling list box!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta