Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling and viewport

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
390 Views, 7 Replies

Scaling and viewport

Once you have set the scale in a Viewport, what do you want to do next in order to secure the scale?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

LOCK the viewport.

mview-lock.PNG

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

another old function, will lock or unlock ALL PS viewports in the current file:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
(defun vplock (yesno / ss lock x obj)
  (vl-load-com)
  (if (setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "VIEWPORT")(-4 . "/=")(69 . 1))))
    (progn
      (if (= "y" yesno) (setq lock :vlax-true)(setq lock :vlax-false))
      (setq x 0)
      (while (< x (sslength ss))
     (setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss x)))
     (vla-put-displaylocked obj lock)
     (setq x (1+ x))
     )
      )
    )
  (princ)
  )
(defun c:mvlo () (vplock "y"))
(defun c:mvu () (vplock "n"))
Message 4 of 8
GrantsPirate

Another quick method, pick on the viewport(s) and pick the lock icon at the bottom of the screen.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

That'll work as well.  But since they abandoned English in favor of vague pictograms that change locations based on space or selection I've pretty much abandoned that tool tray so it's the last option I think about.

Message 6 of 8
GrantsPirate

@Anonymous wrote:

That'll work as well.  But since they abandoned English in favor of vague pictograms that change locations based on space or selection I've pretty much abandoned that tool tray so it's the last option I think about.

It has taken me 2 years to get to about 75% proficient with the darn pictographs, I preferred the letters myself and can't understand Autodesk not giving us the option to use the one we like.  It was already there they just couldn't resist mucking something else up.  I have a print out of the icons and their functions taped to the bottom of my screen in the approximate location they appear on screen to help me learn their convoluted meaning.

GrantsPirate
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 7 of 8
GrantsPirate

@Anonymous wrote:

It has taken me 2 years to get to about 75% proficient with the darn pictographs, I preferred the letters myself and can't understand Autodesk not giving us the option to use the one we like.  It was already there they just couldn't resist mucking something else up.  I have a print out of the icons and their functions taped to the bottom of my screen in the approximate location they appear on screen to help me learn their convoluted meaning.

GrantsPirate
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

there's an echo in here .....  😉

I'm too old to try to "get used to" something Adesk has buggered up.  They've mucked with the tray so much the last few releases I just ignore the blessed thing, I'm an old keyboard junkie anyway, I do nearly everything with two or three letter mnemonics at the keyboard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report