Did you mean: 

Round off decimals in multileader

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jocke.o92
541 Views, 8 Replies

Round off decimals in multileader

Hello.

I got a big drawing with a lot of multileaders (around 200), and the thing is that there is that the heigh is given with 3 decimals. Ex "VG+12.01"( I will attach an example). I would like to round it down to 2 decimals in multileader if possible.

I can explode them and then round them off, but I really would like to keep the leader for easier "move around"  when needed to add more

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: jocke.o92

@jocke.o92 ,

If understood correctly, the height can be adjusted in the Multileader Style Manager or the Properties.

ValentinWSP_0-1631110534385.png

ValentinWSP_1-1631110637797.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 9
Kent1Cooper

[Nothing attached]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 9
jocke.o92
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Sorry for bad explanation. What I mean is that I have a multileader with text and numbers, like the heigh of the ground for example "Ground +10,056" and I want to to be round off to "Ground +10,06", or down if lower than 5. If it is possible with mleader and not explode them.

Message 5 of 9
jocke.o92
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Hm, didn't upload maybe

Message 6 of 9
Kent1Cooper

The rounding of the numerical parts, as isolated text strings, is pretty simple:

(rtos (atof "12.3456") 2 2)
"12.35"

The tricky part will be isolating those from the larger content, rounding them, and putting them back in.  It's certainly achievable -- I'll look at it later if someone else doesn't jump in.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 9
jocke.o92
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

If you could help and find anything later, I would just like to add that when rounding and the second decimal is rounded to 0, if it is possbile to keep the 0 for example: 10,09 if it could keep the zero like 10,10 and not 10,1. 

Message 8 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@jocke.o92 wrote:

If you could help and find anything later, I would just like to add that when rounding and the second decimal is rounded to 0, if it is possbile to keep the 0 for example: 10,09 if it could keep the zero like 10,10 and not 10,1. 

That is dependent on the current setting of the >DIMZIN System Variable<.  If you don't want it set appropriately for this at all times, a routine could save its current setting, set it appropriately, and restore the previous setting when it's done.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 9
jocke.o92

Is it possbile to extract the data and link it to an excell document and then change it there and update it back to AutoCAD?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report