Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start a new line at a specific intersection of another line

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
897 Views, 3 Replies

How to start a new line at a specific intersection of another line

I have drawn a box, that is 800cm x 3380cm.

On the 800cm line at the top, I need a line that starts 240cm in from the left, and goes down the 3380cm line 1800cm.

I can get a rough start point, but i can't find a way to specify the actual points with numbers. How do i do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You can start at specific intersection point by using osnap modes ( Object snap ) . INTersection mode will Snaps to the intersection of geometric objects . Also you can draw lines by many ways (Using Specific Coordinates , Using a Relative Coordinate , A Specific Length , At a Specific Angle and At a Specific Angle to Another Line ) . >> Click << 

Message 3 of 4
Patchy

Command LINE

key in .y

Snap to endpoint

then key in your distance.

Message 4 of 4
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

.... i can't find a way to specify the actual points with numbers. How do i do this?

With OBJECT SNAP TRACKING [F11 key] and Coordinate Filtering.  Turn Osnap Tracking and either Polar or Ortho mode on, and have ENDpoint or INTersection Osnap mode running.  Start a LINE command, hover over the upper left corner until the little green plus sign comes on there, drag rightward and type in 240 for the start point of the Line.  Then type in .X, pick on that same corner to pull the X coordinate of the next point, drag downward and type in 1800 to get the second point.

[Somehow it won't let me embed an animated .gif file as it has allowed in the past, but see the attachment.]

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report