Did you mean: 

Locked in Paper Space

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
PiscesBob
2498 Views, 9 Replies

Locked in Paper Space

AutoCad 2022, latest update.  I have a drawing that opens in paper space and I can't seem to get it back to model space and I have no idea how it got into paper space in the first place.  Any help will be appreciated.

Bob W.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
whitney_jeff
in reply to: PiscesBob

You need to attach the drawing

Message 3 of 10
PiscesBob
in reply to: whitney_jeff

O.K. here is the drawing.

Message 4 of 10
Valentin-WSP

@PiscesBob ,

A third party software could have been used - see this link:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 10
whitney_jeff

Opened the dwg no problem.  Clicked on the Model tab (lower left) changed to model space.  Clicked layout tab, back to paper space.  Double-clicked in the center of the and the viewport opened.

If your model and layout tabs are not showing, right-click in the command line and select options, then click the Display tab, on the lower left under Layout elements, make sure Display Layout and Model tabs is checked,

You can also enter the command "tilemode" and the option is 1 (0 will return you to paper space).  The Command "mspace" will open the viewport.

Nice drawing, by the way

Message 6 of 10
PiscesBob
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Emilio-

The drawing was perfectly normal in model space until about an hour ago.  I must have clicked on something to get it to paper space and now I can't get it back to model space.  I went to your suggested link and will try copying from paper to model or right click the tab in paper space and export to model space.

Message 7 of 10
PiscesBob
in reply to: whitney_jeff

I completely missed those two lower left tabs.  Simple solution, thank you very much.

Message 8 of 10
whitney_jeff

👍

Message 9 of 10
Valentin-WSP

@PiscesBob ,

This other link seems to mention a similar issue, consider the solution:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 10 of 10

Type in TILEMODE on the command line, change it from 1 or 0 to switch between the two spaces.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report