Ribbon Keeps Turning Black

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
686 Views, 5 Replies

Ribbon Keeps Turning Black

Has anyone else encountered this?

when i minimise Autocad to do something on another program, when i re-open CAD the ribbon is just plain black and nothing i do seems to bring it back, i have to shut CAD down and restart it.

see screenshot attached

Anyone got any idea what might be causing this plz? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

which operating system do you have installed?

Which graphic card and driver?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have Windows 7 64-bit

Graphics Card: see attached screenshot for details

There doesnt seem to be the use of any one program causes it and it can go days without doing it, then some days it might do it 2 or 3 times 😞

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

thx for the additional info!

Do you run multiple monitors on your system? If so what happens if you move AutoCAD to the other monitor.

When the area of the ribbon is displayed in black, try to not maximize the AutoCAD window. And if that happens again change the size of the application window only for a few pixel ... does the ribbon content reappear?

BTW: is that a new installation or did this issue start now while AutoCAD was installed  long time ago? In second case something on your system seems to have changed.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

when it does it next i'll that with the minimising and see what effect that has on it

The only change to my PC in recent  months has been the upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit from 32-bit, now i am not saying that is responsible for it as i cant recall when it started doing it, but thats been the only big change to the system for some time now

Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> when it does it next

Does that mean that this issue does not show up every time you minimize/restore the window?
How often does that happen?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report