Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 64Bit Install

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kmiller6ZP7L
10075 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 64Bit Install

Is there a way to get a hold of AutoCad 2014 still? Will my 2018 license work with that version?

We have a very old plugin that I want to try and use on the old version.

Thanks,

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jnelson1071
in reply to: kmiller6ZP7L

I can't find a 2014 download anywhere, and if you did find one, I would guess it wouldn't activate.  You could also find the plugin folder and see if you can edit the "PackageContents.xml" file to include the version you are running.   It all depends on the plug-in and the source files it uses and\or included with it.

Look for the SeriesMin and SeriesMax values

<RuntimeRequirements SupportPath="./Contents" OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="AutoCAD*|AutoCAD" SeriesMin="R18.2" SeriesMax="R22.0" />  

Places to  look for plug-in:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins

C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins

Message 3 of 6

The 2014 version is retired by Autodesk and no longer available by download.    Did you ever own 2014 in the past?    If you did what was your upgrade path and that will determine if you can get a temporary link to download 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 6
kmiller6ZP7L

Thanks for the ideas, but I know for a fact that this plugin will only work on 2014 as it uses a feature that no longer exists 2015+ (point cloud indexer). I'm trying to see if there are any common functionality between this version and newer versions that can do something similar.

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 5 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @kmiller6ZP7L,

It seems like you are looking for something like Autodesk Recap for AutoCAD & Revit. It allows you view & edit an indexed point cloud file into a project or convert a raw format point cloud file. Here are all the features it provides: Features of ReCap software

Thank you for posting. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

that me we cannot download 2014 ,13,12 ......versions now are you sure sir???

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

The 2014 version is retired by Autodesk and no longer available by download.    Did you ever own 2014 in the past?    If you did what was your upgrade path and that will determine if you can get a temporary link to download 

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report