Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove polyline grip

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1408 Views, 4 Replies

remove polyline grip

In some cases, if I put the pointer to the grip and stay for a while, a new window pops up and I could select remove. In some cases, it doesn't show up. How could I let it show up? thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

If you are running ACAD 2018, maybe you will appreciate this Hotfix !

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Regards, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper

If it happens only sometimes, or at only some  but not all vertices on the same Polyline, a cause can be that you have coincident vertices, i.e. two  [or more!] vertices at the same location, in which case it won't give you those options.  To check, pick the Polyline, and in the Properties box, pick in the "Current Vertex" slot, and use the up/down arrows to move the big-X marker around.  If it doesn't move  at some vertex at a pick on the up/down arrow, but the vertex number  changes, that means there are coincident vertices.  If that's the problem, you can eliminate the extra one(s) with PEDIT in the Edit-vertex option, using the Straighten option [read about it in Help].  And I would bet there are routines on these Forums that can find and eliminate them.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
cadffm

In addition to kents example:
Use Overkill to delete (in order) following vertexs with command Overkill.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Hello @Kent1Cooper , @cadffm

This "strange graphic" 2018 Bug is not specific to PLines !

Please see this French Video with an Arc ...

Regards, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta