Did you mean: 

"Square Diameter" Symbol

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
PascalJ_87210
14748 Views, 8 Replies

"Square Diameter" Symbol

Can someone tell me how to insert a square diameter symbol in Autocad whether in a text or a dimension using ALT?

I cannot find the code anywhere.

For a round diameter, I always use ALT 0216 but I cannot find the code for the square diameter (a strike thru a square instead of a strike thru a circle).

I want to use the symbol for dimensioning either a square HSS or a square plate.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: PascalJ_87210

Here are a bunch of results:

https://www.google.com/search?q=autocad+square+foot+symbol+site:forums.autodesk.com

Most say you're going to have to create this symbol in the font of your choice, or find it in a TTF if you want to go the TTF route.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
john.vellek

HI @PascalJ_87210,

I have searched through all my TTF fonts and I don't see a character definition like that.  You might be able to find a SHX font that has this character defined.

You might also check the Autodesk App Store to see if any of the structural add-ins include this symbol.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 9
Patchy

You can use this:

SQ.JPG

Message 5 of 9
PascalJ_87210
in reply to: Patchy

I downloaded the font and inserted that square. It works just fine.

Thank you very much for the help.

Message 6 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @PascalJ_87210,

Make sure that when you are searching for a font such as the Meiryo one suggested by @Patchy, that you look for a TTF font and not Open Type (with Postscript outlines).  Also realize that this font is a commercial font and will have to be purchased.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 9
scot-65

Late reply here...
I was unable to find anything that resembles a "square-foot" symbol (%%159)
other than the ones found in the "archstyle" shx font library.

There are three files, unfortunately I do not remember their true SHX file names...

H1H2H3.jpg

After extensively searching unicode/HTML, etc. I have not been able to find such symbol.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 8 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @PascalJ_87210,

I ran across this article on thesourcecad.com previously and it took me a while to re-locate it for you. It describes the process of adding your own special symbols and characters to a font. I hope this proves useful to you.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 9
MIranmanesh

this is the closest thing to what you need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report