Did you mean: 

'QUICK SELECT' tool not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jcaicedo0
301 Views, 5 Replies

'QUICK SELECT' tool not working

Hello everyone.
I want to exclude texts from a selection of several objects I have in AutoCAD 2025, but the 'Quick select' tool is not working as I expect. Here is what I did: I had a selection of multiple objects (37) including polylines (12), lines (19) and texts (6). After selecting those objects, I typed QSELECT in the command line to launch the 'Quick selection' tool. In the 'Quick Select' window, in the 'Apply to' dialog box, I chose the 'current selection' option. Then, I applied the following options to make the texts that I have in the original selection, meet these filtering criteria: In the "Object Type" dialog box, I selected the "Text" option; In the "Properties" dialog box, I chose the "color" property, followed by the "=Equal" operator, followed by the "ByLayer" value. All the texts I have in the original selection with the other objects have the 'ByLayer' color property. I selected the "Exclude from New Selection Set" option under "How to Apply", in order to exclude the texts that match the filtering criteria (which is 'equals to' 'ByLayer' 'Color'). I left the 'Append to Current Selection Set' option unchecked. Finally, I clicked OK to apply the filter and exclude texts from the selection of multiple objects. The result was that I don't have any objects selected, so I failed to exclude only texts from my original selection. I tried everything above, but checking the 'Append to Current Selection Set' option with the same result. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks a lot

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: jcaicedo0

I am not able to replicate the missed-selection here in my own file with TEXT object types: can you share that portion of your DWG file here for others to examine please?
Message 3 of 6
jcaicedo0

Here is a sample

Message 4 of 6
jcaicedo0
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for answering.

I'm sharing a portion of the file.

In the original file the objects are repeated several times.
I have to say that when I run 'Quick Select' WITHOUT a selection, and 'Apply to' 'Entire drawing", and the options: "Text" under "Object Type" dialog, "color" property, followed by the "=Equal" operator, followed by the "ByLayer" value, "Exclude from New Selection Set" under "How to Apply", and 'Append to Current Selection Set' option unchecked, then it selects everything but the texts in the drawing (this way it works). But imagine you need to do it only with the selected objects, and that's where it doesn't work.

I tried again in the portion file, starting with a selection of objects, and it doesn't work to exclude the texts.

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 6
nbonnett-murphy

Did you ever figure out how to fix this?
Message 6 of 6
jcaicedo0
in reply to: nbonnett-murphy

Hello No, I had to run 'Quick Select' without a selection (Apply to entire drawing) excluding objects with the desired characteristics, and then, pressing 'shift' key, get rid of the objects I don't need. But it is exhausting when you have several objects

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report