Did you mean: 

Prefabricated walls

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
472 Views, 3 Replies

Prefabricated walls

Hi there,

Before buying a recent version AutoCAD, I would like to know if now we could do something that I was able to do with AutoCAD 2000 by a plugin I had (which only work with the 2000 version).

What the plugin gave me the ability to do is that:

1. I could define the composition of each of my walls (such as 2x4, 4x4, ans so on).

2. Tell the position and size of my windows on them

3. Tell the structure around my windows

And then it would generate all individual wall plan so I couls build them prefab.

So is there any equivalent manipulation or function I could use in the recent version of AutoCAD.

P.S: I'm not using any 3D features, onlt flat 2D plan.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kcobabe
in reply to: Anonymous

I would download the trial and find out.  There is no way to know for sure until you try to install it.  Chances are the routines and programming used to build that program are no longer identifiable by newer versions of AutoCAD.  Only way to truly find out is install a trial and see.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 3 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com! 

First at all, you might try to use your application also on AutoCAD 2015, if it's plain LISP there are chances to get that running.

If you have the source code of the app, the chances are quite good!

>> I would like to know if now we could do something that I was able to do with AutoCAD 2000 by a plugin I had

That sounds (because you use that plugin since 2000) like you want to have "exact that solution" (same functionality, same drawing results, same handling) ... if it's your wish to get exact the same I guess the answer would be NO, you might have to spent some initial work to get the software ready to do similar things. Out of the box AutoCAD will not do exactly the same what a plugin did, when it was especially written for your needs.

Do you have the source code or do you have contact to the developer of that plugin? I would start that way, ask the developer if his code runs on 2015 or if it can be ported to run on 2015.

At least: if you want to have solutions for windows, doors, walls you might try Architecture as long as you want to stay AutoCAD based, look >>>there<<<.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hey thanks Alfred!

I don't know which language it use but I will definetly try on the trial and see if it work. Since it's pretty old I was assuming that it wont work anymore.

I'll keep you posted!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta