Did you mean: 

Layout tabs display in AutoCAD 2015

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
838 Views, 6 Replies

Layout tabs display in AutoCAD 2015

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is any better way to get from one end of my layout tabs (if using more than 30, the rest are hidden) back to model space tab besides using the scroller on bottom right side (which I hate) and vise versa? 

An example would be if I want to plot layout tab 35 as an example then plot layout tab 2 by using the scroller to get back then it still does not show model tab. I need to use scroller again to click on model space.

I prefer the older way with the arrows <> on left that quickly get from one end of my tabs to the other.

Anyone know of a better way? I have the tabs docked above status bar

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

Unfortunately, the new behavior is not as convienient as the previous and I don't think there's much you can do about it.

TILEMODE = 1 will switch you into Modelspace tab.   TILEMODE = 0 will switch you to the last active Layout tab, if that helps.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

If you are on one of your higher number tabs (like 80), right click on the tab and there is an option that says "Activet Model Tab". That takes you right to Model Space. And vice-versa, from model space, right click the model tab and select "Activate Previous Layout" and it takes you back to tab 80.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Can AutoDesk please fix this issue. It's so annoying working on 20+ sheet sets and having to open up that stupid pull down to switch to previous tabs. You guys give solutions for switching to model space but we need to be able to access our layout tabs in a quicker manner. The current style slows down production drastically and is just straight annoying. 

Possible Soulution:

1) Allow the layout tabs to overlap slightly when the mouse isnt hovering over them. Allow them to expand when the mouse hovers over each tab.

2) Do what you did on earlier versions of AutoCad. I seem to forget how it was done but i know it wasnt this hard to switch between layout tabs.

PLEASE FIX!!! Productivity is is being compromised and that's simply not an option.

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

You know that old saying "the customer is always right"? Well it's not trueSmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I've had this in the "Wish List" for years !

Move the  Layout Tabs back to above the command line.

Enable the list to "Stretch Up" like the command line does to show more or less of the tabs.

(See example below)

Layout-Tabs.JPG

Message 7 of 7
pendean

With annual releases and basically Autodesk requiring everyone to be on subscription before this Sunday (Feb 1, 2015), this major inteface revision is either being addressed in LT2016 or LT2017 (or LT2018?).

I can't imaging such a major rewrite being undertaked for AutoCAD/LT2015: but maybe like this weird weather this past year it could... .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta