Point Cloud not plotting

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3041 Views, 8 Replies

Point Cloud not plotting

Hi All,

I'm trying to plot a drawing with a point cloud attached from paper space.

Hardware acceleration is on and the viewport and the layout are not 2d wireframe.

On the print preview, the pdf, and the printed copy the message 

"Point clouds are not displayed when hardware acceleration is off" is displayed.

Any ideas?

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Driver version: 25.21.14.2531
Tuning Date: 15/04/2019
Virtual device: Dx11 (Hardware)
The card and driver meets the recommended requirement.

Display Adapters:
NVIDIA Quadro K2000(Primary)
DameWare Development Mirror Driver 64-bit

ComputerSystem
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP Z420 Workstation

OperatingSystem
Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, refer to this LINK and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> with a point cloud attached from paper space

A point cloud should always be placed in modelspace, not in paperspace!

>> the viewport and the layout are not 2d wireframe

You are correct, that the viewport should be set to a visual style other than "2D Wireframe".

Just curios ... how do you change the visual style for your paperspace/layout? I know it is possible, but that needs tricks, as there does not exist a build in function that can do that (at least I don't know any).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Thanks for the  response.

Point cloud is in model space through a viewport.

When you create the sheet, whatever visual style is current in model space, paper space will take on that visual style.

I had trouble with this a long time ago, I think with base view, and found this to be the case. It's a stupid thing and you can't change it after creation of the sheet.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi thanks for your reply. I had seen this post and hence why I stated 2d wireframe is not active.

Appreciate your time though 😉

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> whatever visual style is current in model space, paper

>> space will take on that visual style.

Something is wrong here. The paperspace itself (layout) has a visual style, but it can't be modified ... greyed out in the property window as you can see in this screenshot.

20190418_104032.png

I know there was a problem some time ago that a layout/paperspace used the visual style from modelspace while creating a new layout, but that was a defect and so your AutoCAD should be updated.

By default the layout/paperspace should only show "2D Wireframe" as visual style and nothing else.

>> It's a stupid thing and you can't change it after creation of the sheet.

With a small code you can change it, also within a DXF you might change this too, but better would be to update AutoCAD, or, if the problem stays, then switch your modelspace to "2D Wireframe", create a new layout (so this has "2D Wireframe" assigned) and copy the viewports/titleblock/legend from the defect layout to the good one.

However ... all the settings of visual style in paperspace/layout should not have anything to do with a point-cloud attached to modelspace and shown in a viewport that has e.g. "Wireframe" assigned. 

Can you try this all with a new layout as described above?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have the latest autocad 2018 updates. 2019 and above is not an option yet unfortunately. But this has been around for a long time.

I tried several new layouts and new drawings.

I am on leave for a few days now so will try some things next week.

Cheers and Happy Easter!

Message 8 of 9
pendean

Can you plot your point cloud from modelspace?
Post a screenshot of your ABOUT and GRAPHICSCONFIG command pop-ups please.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Well, on return to work this morning, I opened the offending drawing, tried to plot and voila! The point cloud printed without a worry??!!

No idea what was causing the grief before. I had restarted AutoCAD and the computer multiple times. Maybe it just needed an Easter long weekend like me!

Thanks for all your responses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta