Did you mean: 

Plotting To Pdf

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
620 Views, 12 Replies

Plotting To Pdf

I am having a problem creating PDFs they are not centered on my page. I  know how to do it but for some reason even after going to the page setup manager and changing the settings the PDF is still printing incorrectly. Here are the steps I am taking to create the PDF and then the steps I am taking to correct the problem. After plotting I am still off center.

1. Open sheet set

2. Open (1) sheet

3. Right click File Name

4. Publish to PDF

5. Page set up manager sets are screen shot and the end product is shown.

3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
msanford.ail
in reply to: Anonymous

Try changing to to scaled to fit rather than 1:1

Message 3 of 13
pendean

May I ask if this will ever be printed to paper? If it is, all your efforts will be wasted.

Does it really truly need to be 100% perfectly dead center? If so, I recommend a page-layout app like Adobe Illustrator for the task.

Otherwise... any reason you are ignoring the fact that what you have does not fit in the 11x17 as shown by the red lines in the preview on the PLOT pop-up? No amount of massaging margins will fix it, you just have to shrink the content to be within the dotted lines in your layout.

Let us know.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

To answer your question yes of coarse it needs to be printed, We submit the sets to different jurisdictions for permitting. The template has always fit on an 11" x 17" sheet so I know the content isn't to large for that sheet size and the adjustments shown in the screen shots are what I used before to make the files fit. I was using Auto CAD (Full Version) and my company recently switched to the Electrical version. I did correct the issue by using ANSI B 17" x 11" expand, but it still isn't perfect. It sits low on the page.   Fit to paper doesn't work either.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: msanford.ail

Already did that and it isn't working either.

Message 6 of 13
msanford.ail

OK, rather than layout, can you choose a window and put that round what you want to plot? With that and scaled to fit it should work ok

Message 7 of 13
pendean

>>>... The template has always fit on an 11" x 17" sheet ...<<<
Not based on your notes to date or the screenshots. if you think ACADE is the problem, post in that forum (I suspect not myself) https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical/ct-p/2035
Message 8 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If you can attach a sample file as well as a titleblock and your pen settings, I would like to take a look at your issue. Please let me know if these files can be attached to a post. If not, you can send them directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a summary of what we explored on your plot to PDF issue:

• I created a new pagesetup from scratch.
  • I selected the AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation) driver and filtered the paper size to 11x17.
  • I then set the margins to 0 for each paper size.
  • Finally, I checked that the x and y offsets were set to 0.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 10 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or if you need additional assistance or information. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

man that is what I have chosen to run with and it is working great. I set up all of my templates with that format and we are having no issues. For some reason my PDFs still aren't printing the gen notes the way I want and I have messed with the pin settings. I am still working on that put the DWGs are PDFing with no issues and they are centered so thank you. 

Message 12 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am glad that this is working well for you. If you want to send me your plot styles I can take a look for you to see what else might be improved for your General Notes.

(I might also need your dwg file again)

John Vellek

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks for helping with the pen settings , If I have any questions in the future I willl be sure to ask.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta