Plotting freezes the system

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
6224 Views, 6 Replies

Plotting freezes the system

Hi,

I have a simple 2D drawing with minor hatches, no attached pdf or images.

Whenever I try to plot, it just freeze the computer just after you sent it to the plotter indicating it's regenerating sheet.

Please see attached screen shot. Nothing output from printter at least 15mims or more, but the plot job is in the plotter que.

However if I plot any other drawing, the plots are out in seconds.

This is plotting at layout Paperspace and it happens on every layout.

I tried using another system in totally different location/offices, it freezes similarly.

There is no issue with other drawing except this. With that I think is not related to the CTB file.

AutoCAD 2015/2016.

Your advise is most appreciated.

mcmk8

Plot halt.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Attached is the drawing. It freezes when you sent the plot for any layout. However there is no issue when plot to PDF.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I have experienced that EXACT same problem and I am still curious of a solution. 

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Is the problem you have only with one file, or ALL files? If only one file, INSERT it into a working template file, recreate all the layouts from scratch and the issues should go away.

The file above in the old post you are replying to uses a lot of linear gradient hatches (that are not set to look gradient for some reason on my screen anyway) and these are slow to plot. if that's your problem, that's the price you pay for gradient hatches. It plots eventually, it took a full minute to get a PDF from it here just now, Layout5.

Message 5 of 7
TheCADnoob

In EXTERNALREFRENCES there are two un-referenced files and one missing one. 

Try removing the un-refrenced ones and try binding the the missing one or removing it if you dont need it. It may be trying to resolve the external reference before printing. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

After having said that, I noticed that the drawing I am working has a little gradient hatching. I have never worked with it before making sense why this is the first time I have had such a problem plotting.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks guys. Gradient hatch was the problem. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report