Did you mean: 

plotter recommendations

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Yonas89
3160 Views, 13 Replies

plotter recommendations

Hello,

my company is about to purchase new plotter to print CAD drawings and since I am responsible to offer some plotter I am writing to ask if some of you could share your knowledge and insights how to select the most appropriate plotter or it would be even much better if you could recommend some particular ones.

If that helps, I would like to mention, that we work with infrastructure projects ( highways and railways) which means, that our drawings are quite big sometimes.  

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
markcalloway
in reply to: Yonas89

Hi @Yonas89

What size sheets do you plan on printing?

You can use a normal office printer for plotting A4 but if you need A0 or A1 its going to narrow types of plotters.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find this post helpful, please LIKE.
If you have solved you issue please mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION so other forum users can see how to fix this issue.

Follow me on Twitter / Follow me on Linkedin / Blog
Message 3 of 14
markcalloway

Hi @Yonas89

Please also see this:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Au...

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find this post helpful, please LIKE.
If you have solved you issue please mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION so other forum users can see how to fix this issue.

Follow me on Twitter / Follow me on Linkedin / Blog
Message 4 of 14
Yonas89
in reply to: markcalloway

The size differs, but I think the limit might be A1. But I think it should mention that roll paper is needed, as we're plotting  various length plans.

Message 5 of 14
rkmcswain

You forgot one important item: what is your budget for this hardware?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 14
pendean

How much volume of printing per month?
What is your budget?
What do you use now for a plotter?
How many users will be plotting to this device?
Do you want to purchase, or lease? Or have you not even explored the option?
What region of the world are you in?
Are you in a major metropolitan area, or a rural/outlying area setting?

Did you look into contracting with a printing company for your printing needs as an alternate? Sometimes an in-house plotter makes no financial/support/supplies pricing sense.
Message 7 of 14
Yonas89
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hey @rkmcswain I do not have budget for this now, because we do not know much about plotters. Thus I want advices from you about plotters, such as which plotters are most compatible with AutoCAD and vertical based products, which are time checked as "good plotters for drawings", which technical specifications is most important when choosing a plotter for such a job.

Message 8 of 14
Yonas89
in reply to: pendean

Hello, @pendean,

thanks for your reply and questions. I'll try to answer those:

How much volume of printing per month? - Though I cannot give you an exact number, but there are about 20 designers in our office working with a different projects constantly.

What is your budget? - I really cannot answer this, because I do not know.

What do you use now for a plotter? -  Currently we use CANON IPF 500 plotter and it does not fulfill our needs.

How many users will be plotting to this device? - Up to 20 users.

Do you want to purchase, or lease? Or have you not even explored the option? - I haven't explored such an option, but I believe company is looking to purchase it. 

What region of the world are you in? - Baltics

Are you in a major metropolitan area, or a rural/outlying area setting? - Major metropolitan area 

Message 9 of 14
rkmcswain

Compatibility with unique applications is a non-issue these days. As long as the vendor supplies a Windows Print Driver - you're set.

Take a look at this beast, the Oce TDS860

It will print 43ft/min and is capable of running continuously (of course you'll need to add paper occasionally). It holds six, 500' rolls of up to 36" wide paper and other media types.

It will run you ±US$250,000 over a 5-yr lease, including maintenance and toner, but not media.

Good luck.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 10 of 14
Yonas89

@rkmcswain ok now I understand your question about budget. 

Message 11 of 14
Yonas89

Perhaps budget could be up to 15 000 €

Message 12 of 14
pendean

As recommended by another post, explore the Oce TDS860 plotter.
Message 13 of 14
Yonas89
in reply to: pendean

Thanks a lot fellows. I will look at these options.

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Hi @Yonas89 ,

Have a look at this website, they supply Plotters, they are really friendly. They are from Spain, but have got technicians here in England. 

www.iplotting.com 

Wide range of products.

Kind Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report