Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot style not showing up in page setup..

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
11798 Views, 9 Replies

Plot style not showing up in page setup..

I've created a ctb plot style file, assigned black to my basic colors and created the line weights needed and saved it using the add a plot style wizard. When I go to the print/page setup pull down to assign the sheet size ect., under the plot style table drop down menu I can't figure out why the file I created isn't showing other than some standard autocad ones. The goal is to print the plan in black with different line weights for walls, doors, text ect...  Any help would be much appreciated...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
user181
in reply to: Anonymous

Where did you save the ctb file? If you type STYLESMANAGER at the command line it will open a folder in window explorer, you need to save your ctb files there for it to show up in the print settings.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, you can try this go to plot > edit > change colour you wanted it to be > go to SAVE AS > file filename > cancel > type plot again and look for your filename .ctb that you just created. thanks

ctb.jpg

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: user181

I can find it under print>manage plot styles along with some other plot styles. I can go into the file edit it and save it but wont show in the drop down under page setup when I get ready to print. Thanks...

edit: yes I can see it under style manger but its not showing up in the drop down menu when I get ready to assign it to print....

Message 5 of 10
user181

Did you try restarting autocad? What type of files show in the drop down, are they ctb or stb? If they are stb files you have to type CONVERTPSTYLES at the command line to change from stb to ctb.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

stb files, curious why I can't see the other ones I created....

user181, the convertpstyle worked thanks!!!!

Message 7 of 10
user181

then you need to do the CONVERTPSTYLES command at the command line

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
user181

This may help explain the difference between the STB and CTB plot styles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXc4M7g4sSc

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you, This solved my problem.

Regards,

Message 10 of 10
jberHS42F

Hi - Thanks a lot for this advise - just saved my life.

Kind regards

jesper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta