Did you mean:ย 

Permanently Embedding Image into AutoCA File

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
628 Views, 8 Replies

Permanently Embedding Image into AutoCA File

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working with clients and providing them with working drawings and also the DWG file.

In the DWG file I have the image of my company logo on each layout drawing. However, my fear is that someone can delete this whenever they want from the DWG file so nobody will know my company did the work and that we exist!

Is there a way to permanently embed this into the DWG file?

I`ve already pasted it in without having to have the image picture in a folder with the DWG file but this can stilll be deleted.

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,

James

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
qnologi
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 9
vinodkl

Hi,

I doubt that is possible in AutoCAD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
เฒตเฒฟเฒจเณ‹เฒฆเณ เฒ•เณ† เฒŽเฒฒเณ( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 9
pendean

Anything you can add someone else can remove in AutoCAD.

Look up Digital Signatures in AutoCAD (and all of your other files): then talk to your legal counsel about contracts details and file sharing procedures to protect your intellectual property.

Message 5 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> In the DWG file I have the image of my company logo

If you have that multiple times, then please create one time a logo as AutoCAD block, images need more resources, are less performant to handle and can create other issues too.

In most cases there exist a vector file from your graphic designer (EPS or something like that) that can be imported, or you take a bit of time and create this as AutoCAD drawing from scratch, it's much easier then to use in the future.

But one is correct, also the titleblock can be removed or the content of the model-space copied to another dwg-file, so contract between partners is what can you protect.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 9
leeminardi

This may be worth a try.

lee.minardi
Message 7 of 9
vladimir_michl

Maybe a slightly different approach but it could help - not a visible image object (which could be easily deleted) but rather an invisible permanent signature inside a DWG file, so you can prove you are the original author. See https://www.cadstudio.cz/dwgsign

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz - www.cadforum.cz

Message 8 of 9
s.borello

No... if someone really wants to steal your work they will find a way. 

Message 9 of 9
gtrias

Hopefully you're getting paid extra to provide the DWG files and getting them to sign a release. Otherwise, why wouldn't a PDF work for your client?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report