Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

permanently insert images in dwg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5147 Views, 4 Replies

permanently insert images in dwg

is there a way to permanently insert images in a drawing?
what i want to do is give a client a finished dwg on a cd and when he opens the dwg the finished product is right there. no support path changes, no re-routing anything. just here it is. thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bind Displays the Bind Xrefs dialog box. The Bind option makes the selected xref and its dependent named objects (such as blocks, text styles, dimension styles, layers, and linetypes) a part of the current drawing "tompkins@degrove.com" wrote in message news:11108933.1080753432676.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > is there a way to permanently insert images in a drawing? > what i want to do is give a client a finished dwg on a cd and when he opens the dwg the finished product is right there. no support path changes, no re-routing anything. just here it is. thanks
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

"tompkins@degrove.com" wrote... > is there a way to permanently insert images in a drawing? Command: INSERTOBJ
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I don't know a way to permanently imbed an image in a drawing file, but...

When you insert the images, insert each one with the "retain path" box unchecked. After that, as long as the image and drawing are in the same folder/directory, the image will come in automatically whenever the drawing is opened by the client.

I think etransmit will create an executable file that will automatically open the drawing and insert the images, but I haven't fooled with it yet.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

"jankowskimd" wrote... > I don't know a way to permanently imbed an image in a drawing file Command: INSERTOBJ will do it. > When you insert the images, insert each one with the "retain path" box > unchecked. After that, as long as the image and drawing are in the > same folder/directly, the image will come in automatically whenever > the drawing is opened by the client. It doesn't matter if the path is saved with the image or not, if the image file name is in the same directory as the drawing file, it will be loaded. Same for xrefs. > I think etransmit will create an executable file that will automatically > open the drawing and insert the images, but I haven't fooled with it yet. Sort of, it just finds all the required files and packages them together in a ZIP or EXE file. It doesn't 'open' the drawing on the other end or 'insert' the images.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report