Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf to jpg/png or smaller pdf

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1050 Views, 7 Replies

pdf to jpg/png or smaller pdf

I am currently looking to convert a pdf of a dwg to jpg or png without loosing my features such as depth/linewidth/colours... in my dwg, which always happen with Illustrator and photoshop. With illustrator it works to adjust the drawing a little to a more or less satisfying result. However, repeating this process seems like a big task. What I am mostly looking for is a way to add my drawings in a qualitative way to my indesign file without making this too big of a file. Either as a small and qualitative picture or as a small pdf

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ian.mag
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey @Anonymous 

Have you tried the command JPGOUT or PNGOUT?

This enables you to export objects directly from AutoCAD and save it to your drive. Just follow through the command line.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ian.mag

Hi ian mag

Thanks for your reply. However, usually I work for my colour settings with a stb (sometimes ctb) to get my colours right, for this I really need a plot setting.

Message 4 of 8
ian.mag

Hey @Anonymous 

How about using the publish to web JPG / PNG plotter? Does that retain the features you want or it distorts them?

PS: window's snipping tool then seems to do this much better. Snip the portion you want from the PDF

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

When I try to do it with the publish to web, I get following error: image.png

Do you mean with snipping option like making a 'screenshot'? won't I lose a lot of quality with that?

Message 6 of 8
ian.mag

Hey @Anonymous 

Are you using the sheet set manager? What is your BACKGROUNDPLOT system variable set to? You can temporally set it to 0 to have it published in the foreground.

You can use the snipping tool and tell us if the quality is acceptable to you.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Dear Ian.mag

My backgroundplot is set to 2, does that make a big difference? Yes, I am using the page setup manager in order to set my settings before actually printing. I will try to use the snipping tool also. Thanks a lot.
Message 8 of 8
ian.mag

Hey @Anonymous 

Sometimes the error pops up when publishing in the background. Setting the BACKGROUNDPLOT to 0 makes SSM publish in the foreground but you can later change it back to 2 no big deal with that (just press F1 while in the command and you can adjust it to suit you, some experimenting on what works for you is highly advised).

Go ahead and set the override and let us know if this helps you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators