PDF Import Layer Changing?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MarkFitz
1133 Views, 6 Replies

PDF Import Layer Changing?

Hi,

A quick yes/no potentially this morning...

When I import a PDF (PDFIMport), everything comes in as the same layer (or maybe a few different ones), but the colours are different.  I usually use this feature to strip down a customer drawing to show just what I need and nothing more.  Is there a way I can activate the layer features by colour?  Namely freeze by colour?

Thanks,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nfiorentinoUXTB2
in reply to: MarkFitz

SELECTSIMILAR doesn't work in this case? 

Not sure if that's the case, but when I IMPORT and select the option to bring the original layers, I can edit them as a normal layer. not sure why you couldn't select them unless the file is protected. 

Sorry

Message 3 of 7
MarkFitz
in reply to: nfiorentinoUXTB2

Like this?

MarkFitz_0-1636494683059.png

Whether I do it like this or select PDF Layers, it only gives me the image with PDF Geometry and PDF Text.  But the colour shows everything either as "By Layer" or as an actual colour, even though the layer is the same.  What am I doing wrong??

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

@MarkFitz The box labelled USE PDF LAYERS might be an option if "create object layers" is not working: but that all depends on your PDF's content and how it was created, you never get to control that from inside AutoCAD sadly.

>>>...it only gives me the image with PDF Geometry and PDF Text....<<<
That simply means you have a partial raster PDF: AutoCAD does not convert images, there is no magic setting, you'll need to purchase a 3rd party software to handle the conversion.
Message 5 of 7
MarkFitz
in reply to: pendean

*tips hat*   Much obliged Sir.

Is there anything you recommend?  I spend a reasonable chunk of time stripping and trimming so it be may be a worthwhile purchase...

Message 6 of 7
pendean

>>>...Is there anything you recommend? ...<<<
For Raster Conversion? We use Adobe Illustrator which is not cheap and has a learning curve, but I've tested these recently and they worked well for those tests, test them out yourself https://vectormagic.com/ and https://www.rastertovector.com/

HTH
Message 7 of 7
bgough
in reply to: pendean

Another software would be Inkscape.  Nearly the same power as Illustrator, but free.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta