Did you mean: 

P-Line Global Width

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
559 Views, 1 Reply

P-Line Global Width

Hello Folks,

I'm drawing a lot of p-line-type entities that need the same Global Width.

I've changed the PLINEWID variable to .25". Now, invoking the PL command results in poly lines with a visible width of .25". This is the desired effect.

Invoking the RECTANG command, however, produces a pline element with a global width of zero (0). This can be modified after the element is drawn.

My guess is there are other pline-type elements - much like RECTANG - that do not apply the PLINEWID variable when created.

Are there a variables I can change to apply a default Global Width to all p-line-type entities?

I'm trying to work fast. Help in determining if I'm wasting my time trying to locate and change a bunch of variables as opposed to just modifying the Global Width to all pline-type entities as I finish the drawing would be good to have.

Thank you,

Mel

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

My guess is there are other pline-type elements - much like RECTANG - that do not apply the PLINEWID variable when created.

Are there a variables I can change to apply a default Global Width to all p-line-type entities?

That is correct -- REVCLOUD, POLYGON, and BOUNDARY & SKETCH in their Polyline options.

RECTANG at least has a Width option that "sticks" within the same editing session of the same drawing.  But I don't know of a way to make it generic, other than your idea to change them all when you're done drawing.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta