Did you mean: 

Outlining for Lasering

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ay228027
171 Views, 1 Reply

Outlining for Lasering

Hello. I am very new to AutoCAD so this might be a easy answer. I am outlining my project in AutoCAD for lasering but I don't know how to outline the walls that are to the back. I don't know if AutoCAD will recognize it not being on the same layer of the other walls when it's lasered. What should I do?

ay228027_0-1705606033902.png

ay228027_1-1705606242812.png

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AVCPlugins
in reply to: ay228027

It seems to me that you are confusing three-dimensional models from 3D solids and flat contours of parts. It looks like you have already drawn a 3D model. if these parts are 3D solids, then next you need to lay out their copies along the XY plane. This can be done manually by copying to the buffer the part in UCS (user coordinat system) attached to the facade and pasting it from the buffer in the WCS (world coordinate system). Or use the AVC Lay plugin. Then you need to get the outlines for laser cutting. You can make impressions of parts using the FlatShot command. You will get a lot of curves. They will need to be closed into solid contours and then exported to DXF to be transferred to your laser cutting program. The AVC NC Prepare and AVC DXF Export plugins will help you greatly simplify this work.

Plugins for AutoCAD
A>V>C>
AppStore | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta