Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to draw lines or move objects in z-axis

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
karlg.paulsen
3120 Views, 25 Replies

Not able to draw lines or move objects in z-axis

I'm using Autocad 2020 in windows 10 (or really Plant 3D, but the issues are related to standard autocad functions). 

As long as i'm viewing the model at an angle, and not side/top view etc., I have always been able to draw simple lines in the z-direction using polar tracking without changing the UCS or typing coordinates, but now it will not let me.

The same goes for moving objects in z-axis.

Anyone have a solution for me?

I have tried a lot of different options and all googling just tells me to change the UCS, but that should not be necessary and makes my work a lot less efficient. I have been using Autocad for 15 years now and this haven't been an issue before.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

I too think your issue is not posted in the Correct Forum..... I too agree with you....

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 22 of 26

@karlg.paulsen wrote:

Anyone have a solution for me?

Post an example dwg please. Maybe we can see some unfavorable settings(?) .

@karlg.paulsen wrote:

I'm using Autocad 2020 in windows 10 (or really Plant 3D, but the issues are related to standard autocad functions). 

That has nothing to say. In the past I saw in different vertical products (e.g. Civil 3D) any problems with "standard functions" which don't work well in this vertical product. Ask there if someone can confirm this issue.

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 26

Yes. I think you are right, as the problem only seems to exist when i'm in an active project file

If I start a new drawing outside the Plant project it works fine

Message 24 of 26

Yes, here if you have any doubts related to AutoCad, we can try to solve it..... But, I think yours is related to Plant 3D......

If you had posted this or post this issue in the above given link, Possibilities are there that within a few days, you will get a solution..... Faster than here....

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 25 of 26
tramber
in reply to: karlg.paulsen

Didn't you check the OSNAPZ variable ? To set to 0.

Message 26 of 26
peterm
in reply to: karlg.paulsen

I've just tried this in AutoCAD 2021 and it seems to work in world UCS and custom UCS.

Maybe you could get a trial version of 2021 and try it yourself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report