Did you mean: 

My xref base moves every time I reload it

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
anita6LE92
702 Views, 11 Replies

My xref base moves every time I reload it

I have a floor plan that is xrefed into several other drawings and has items added to it in each of those drawings. Every time a reload it or open it again, it has moved and only the added items are visible.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
duranNRBQE
in reply to: anita6LE92

Message 3 of 12
ennujozlagam

try VISRETAIN command?

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 12
anita6LE92
in reply to: ennujozlagam

see attached files.....

Message 5 of 12
ennujozlagam

here

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 12
pendean

@anita6LE92 wrote:

...Every time a reload it or open it again, it has moved and only the added items are visible....

Thanks for the filesx2, how exactly do we replicate your issue? Which file should we be in, which exact steps do we need to follow, which XREF(s) do we do what to etc. please.

And is this deliberate?

pendean_0-1694532264912.png

pendean_1-1694532366040.png

Message 7 of 12
anita6LE92

It is supposed to have the floor plan that is in the bottom right of the xref underlaying all the tags that are entities in the current drawing. The two parts, xref base and existing tags are supposed to be in the same place when you open the drawing but even though I correct the location by moving either the tags or the xref, the next time I open, it is in separate places again. See attached for how it should look when it works correctly.

Message 8 of 12
pendean

@anita6LE92 Thanks or the new PDF: someone set BASE command in the XREF file to something other than whatever it used to be (the default 0,0,0 is not quite it, but it gets close).

Then someone in the top file then decided not to drop the XREF at 0,0,0, but did a manual move somewhere far away (see below, Top file then the XREF)

pendean_0-1694547152981.png

pendean_1-1694547180950.png

Since AutoCAD does not keep a historical list of what got moved/changed where by default, it's hard to tell what needs to go back where from what I can tell. Maybe someone else can figure it out for you around here.

It may just be easier to fix it now, once, and examine why BASE command needed to change.

Summary: someone deliberately edited the default insertion point of your XREF. perhaps to fix the topfile's problem.

Message 9 of 12
anita6LE92

it looks like the upshot is that the base point somehow got changed to another coordinate than 0,0,0. I have changed it back and problem solved. Thanks very much everyone. I had totally forgotten there was such a thing as a base command.

Message 10 of 12
jay_colcombe

Is this file being used to link into Revit by any chance?

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 11 of 12
anita6LE92
in reply to: jay_colcombe

no it is not associated with Revit in any way.

Message 12 of 12
jay_colcombe

Thanks - I know when ACAD models are linked into Revit and Shared Coordinates are used it can resave the coordinates back to the CAD file moving the Base UCS very annoying!!!

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta