Did you mean: 

My Autocad inputs are very slow

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chakra48
432 Views, 6 Replies

My Autocad inputs are very slow

I have been working in autocad many years for phe services design and drafting services. For the last 8 years there is no editing jobs in Autocad. Now am 56 years old. I attended two interviews and test, both interviews, they said, my autocad speed is very slow. How can I improve my autocad speed, if there is no way to increase the speed. I request you to help and advise for my above issue. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: chakra48

Hi,

We still need more details for the conditions you are working in .. and also for the specifications of your device.. I suggest to follow this link and see if any changes . >> Click <<

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
chakra48
in reply to: imadHabash

The system is very good and working fine. My inputs is slow. Bcoz other two persons working the configuration PC and Autocad version is same. Their age is around 30 and I am56 and that too for the last 8 years I hv not edited in autocad. Now I am working, how to increase my productivity and many months to get full swing.

Get Outlook for Android
Message 4 of 7
imadHabash

actually we don't know your real productivity level .. I suggest to sit with others and start learning from them to refresh your knowledge and start reading more about what new in AutoCAD .

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
pendean

@chakra48 Practice. Practice. Practice. The more you do in the program and faster you will become.
Take up a home or personal project then draw it all up in AutoCAD, daily, 4-6 hours a day, 7-days a week.
Then start over.

Projects like... detail draw your home/apartment, plans/elevations.
or recreate a widget.
or .... whatever. Just start spending 6+hours a day in front of AutoCAD.

Message 6 of 7
hencoop

8-years no editing in AutoCAD and now you need to increase you editing speed?  Practice, practice, practice!

Keyboard command calls can often be much faster than using ribbon or toolbar picks... then, ribbon and toolbar picks can often be much faster than keyboard command calls.  AutoLISP and Visual LISP custom functions are almost always much faster than the required user input without them.  Identify tedious repetitive and time consuming tasks; then, find a custom LISP tool that minimizes the tedium and time consumption.

Practice, practice, practice to find the best of each of these to employ.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 7 of 7
hencoop

@chakra48 P.S. I'm 66 and I dare say these young bucks and does would be faster than I am if I had not taken my own advice.  AutoLISP and Visual LISP keep me ahead of them and support my earning more than them consistently.  I've been programming since 1990 but you don't have to learn to program if you can find free routines that'll make your work go faster... and there are lot's of them out there.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report