Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving objects error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JohnC_ISM
507 Views, 8 Replies

Moving objects error

wasnt sure what to title it but ive noticed for some reason when moving anything especially text that ill move it to one spot and itll slightly move lower. 

all my settings to control grid or snap spacing all that is OFF. everything moves smoothly its on a 4070 so i dont think its the graphics card

the first is MTEXT being pretty blatantly different from the spot i selected. 

second is a grouping shown on line, then it slightly moves lower. 

Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dany_rochefort
in reply to: JohnC_ISM

@JohnC_ISM I would try the low tech approach to solving this weird issue... Simply copy all the contents into a new drawing, save-as and re-check. Sometimes the dwg becomes corrupted and starting in a fresh dwg fixes the problem... 

Also i would turn Hardware Acceleration off and only turn it back in if you get the notification to turn it on. 

Message 3 of 9
ChicagoLooper

Hi @JohnC_ISM 

Sorry, but your screenshots don't offer anything meaningful. I believe you when you say you're having issues, it's just those screenshots do not adequately illustrate where the 'movement' is occurring. 

I'm sure you can see, and know, bad results happening, but the forum can't, so you'll need to upload better screenshots (or make a video). Help the forum so the forum can help you.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
j.palmeL29YX

A lot of things can cause sucht a surprising behavior. To avoid a lot of guessing, post your file please. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
JohnC_ISM
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

i thought the screenshots were pretty self explanatory. You seem to be the only one having the issue. It shows on the left how I'm moving something and where its lined up while in the move command. Then I'm not moving the mouse at all and clicking exactly where I'm trying to put it. And on the right its the result with mouse still in the same place after the end of the command. Sorry   And idk how to post a video. 

Message 6 of 9
j.palmeL29YX

@JohnC_ISM wrote:

You seem to be the only one having the issue. 

No, he's not alone. Me too. I also do not understand what you are doing and what happens then. 

One of a lot of other possibilities to record your screen:

https://ocam.en.softonic.com/download

One of my thoughts to your problem: Do you have (perhaps unwanted?) 3D objects and not in plan view? 

But that is only a guessing - without seeing your file hard to say. 

If you don't want to share (at least a part of) your file and also can not show us a video, would you please show us a copy of your text window (if possible with added notes what you do) so we can (perhaps) see more clearly what is going on. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
ChicagoLooper

@JohnC_ISM 

<<i thought the screenshots were pretty self explanatory…>>

Yes, they are excellent screenshots for YOU, but not so good for others who YOU go to for advice. 

If your copied objects don’t end up where you want, try turning OFF osnap in the middle of your copy-and-paste operation. You may have osnap ON when you copy, but before you paste, turn osnap OFF (F3 key).

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
cadffm

If it isn't a osnap problem,

did you test the mention from the first reply?

Graphicsconfig, Hardware Acceleration off

If it works, try it again with ON, but GFXDX12 off (0)

Q1:Is it the same by using object snaps?

Sebastian

Message 9 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@JohnC_ISM wrote:

i thought the screenshots were pretty self explanatory. .... 

I didn't get what you were talking about at first, either.  Studying the images further:

In the images, I assume one side of the heavy red mid-line is "right" and the other is "wrong," though it's not identified which is which.  I think it's the right side in ex2, because of the boxed-in bits that are apparently pointing out what I assume must be the "wrong" result.  There is a difference in Y-axis-direction position between certain things in one side vs. the other.

In ex1, I assume the purplish-brownish line at upper left is a constant, and gives something to compare the position of the big M in the text to, to see the difference.  But if the right side is "wrong," it's higher, rather than lower as described, so maybe it's the left side that's "wrong."  And in the left side, what looks like a drag line is visible at the top, apparently in mid-command, so what can it tell us?

In ex2, if the boxed-in bits in the right side are "wrong," there's a very much smaller Y-coordinate difference from the left side [but there is a difference] than the difference in ex1.

But if my interpretation of what the images are meant to show is correct, we're still missing the more crucial parts that even a drawing file might not answer.  We can't tell what you gave it as start and end points for the Move displacement, what your Osnap setting was [if any], what Coordinate System and/or view direction you're in, etc.  That's why a video might be the most helpful thing, preferably including the UCS icon and enough of the Command line to see what commands/options you're using.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report