Did you mean: 

Mouse keeps disappearing from the active window

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
mfiglarz
2143 Views, 20 Replies

Mouse keeps disappearing from the active window

Hello,

Just wanted to inform the users ready to install new 2016 products to remove or turn of the following servers (Application: Connect.Service.ContentService.exe).  

In my event log I get this error every minute and my mouse keeps jumping off the current window once I stopped the service the problem did go away. 

Application: Connect.Service.ContentService.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
Stack:
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException.ToString()
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

or 

Faulting application name: Connect.Service.ContentService.exe, version: 20.1.49.0, time stamp: 0x54d43c57
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000007fe90d06887
Faulting process id: 0x1398
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0a3776400ad58
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Content Service\Connect.Service.ContentService.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: a1d5af9c-0f6a-11e5-9586-b8ca3aa5f14e

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
coincidence7
in reply to: mfiglarz

Hi,

Could you please indicate me if your mouse is wireless?

-Could you please indicate me if this is happening in all files, or only one? If it happens in only one  then the file may be corrupt and you need to follow this steps in order to fix the issue:

How to repair AutoCAD corrupt files.

-Does this happen on all machines, or only one?

- Please try to turn on or off the hardware acceleration so you can improve your graphics performance and avoid the constant crashes:

Hardware Acceleration 

-Could you please check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run AutoCAD 2016:

System Requirements

-Could you please verify if your Graphic card meets the AutoCAD 2016 requirements:

Certified Software

Message 3 of 21
coincidence7
in reply to: coincidence7

Hi!

Did the suggested answer worked for you?

Message 4 of 21
nick.beaven

I have just started seeing the same issue and event viewer is filling up with errors for Connect.Service.ContentService.exe. Apologies for any spelling issues in this post the problem makes typing a coherent sentence a challenge.

Message 5 of 21
Adam.Hides

Hi Coincidence,

I'm also getting the same issue after installing the Autodesk 2016 building design suites & infrastructure design suites.

The event viewer is reporting this as happening approx every 10 seconds and connect.service.contentservice.exe being flagged as the culprit.

Message 6 of 21
coincidence7
in reply to: nick.beaven

Hi!

Could you please try the suggested solutions indicated on my post and let me know the results

Thanks!

Message 7 of 21
coincidence7
in reply to: Adam.Hides

Hi!

Could you please try the suggested solutions indicated on my post and let me know the results

Thanks!

Message 8 of 21
mfiglarz

The mouse is a wire mouse

It happens on the 3 machines I have installed 2016 on so far for testing

It happens on every document I have open IE, Word, Notepad and even in Command Promt window

The drivers are correct and certified by Mr. Autodesk

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

Try turning off "Enhance Pointer Precision" option on the Mouse in Windows control panel.

Message 10 of 21
nick.beaven
in reply to: Anonymous

Im all up to date here too. The only way we have found to supress the issue is to kill the Connect.Service.ContentService.exe process and renaming the .exe in this location: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Content Service\ to .old. Obviously this isnt a long term solution but it does allow the machine to be used sensibly.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

The issue has nothing to do with what mouse one is using.

connect.service.contentservice.exe is a process that launches, runs for about 3 seconds and terminates. This behaviour can be exhibited in Task Manager.

This .exe steals the focus away from any application that is currently active.

Message 12 of 21
scott.a.green

@mfiglarz,

You don't have to kill the process everytime or prevent it in startup, instead you can edit the registry key so it can still run but it should then no longer steal focus. Just remember to backup your registry before editing. 

Edit the registry in Windows to disable the ability of programs to steal focus:
  1. Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window. Then enter REGEDIT and click OK.
  2. Navigate to and select the following registry folder:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
  3. On the right side of the window, double-click ForegroundLockTimeout.
  4. Change the value to 30d40 (hexadecimal).
  5. Click OK and then close the Registry Editor.

Let me know if that helps. 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: scott.a.green

Really ????????? Edit the registry to fix Autodesk's problem ???

All of our users are not able to edit the registry..........and Corporate IT will not allow it.

Come on Autodesk.............Send out a Hot-Fix or even better the first SP1  to fix these anoying problems, and other problems like

Autodesk 360  ((CLoud Services) which our company is prohibbited to use (Make it easier to turn this off )

Ron

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We have the same problem with a new brand new Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium Installation on a Windows 7 64 Bit (German) Laptop.

As a fix we had to disable the AutoDesk Content Service.

Regards

Axel

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

We have the same problem with autocad map 2016

thank you Smiley Happy

We go from autocad map 2012 to autocad map 2016 and 1.day get problems.

Message 16 of 21
Adam.Hides

Still seeing this on new installations of Civil 3D 2016 and AutoCAD 2016, causing a nightmare in regards of support queries/calls to the IT department in an environment of 1500+ users!!
Message 17 of 21
CADbloke
in reply to: Adam.Hides

This started on my PC after installing AutoCAD 2016. The real problem is this piece of crap (Autodesk Content Service) keeps crashing and restarting, the focus is stolen by the error reporting service.

Disable the Autodesk Content Service. Run Services.msc, find the Autodesk Content Service, open its properties and set the startup to disabled.

No, I will not go full sysadmin, leap through hoops, mess up my AutoCAD settings and installation to fix your piece of junk. Kill it with fire

If you want to see what application is stealing focus, try http://www.happydroid.com/focus (recommended at http://forum.sysinternals.com/figuring-out-whats-stealing-window-focus_topic27767.html ).

- - - - - - -
working on all sorts of things including www.tvCAD.tv & www.CADreplace.com
Message 18 of 21
nick.beaven
in reply to: CADbloke

Bump - issue still persists. Is there any updates on this? Thanks.
Message 19 of 21
nick.beaven
in reply to: scott.a.green

Hi Scott - do you know if there is a fix to this being bundled into any SR's? a Reg hack seems a little harsh as an enterprise solution.

Message 20 of 21
scott.a.green
in reply to: nick.beaven

@nick.beaven,

Development did some testing and found that the Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 32 for Windows Desktop seems to stop the behavior caused by the Autodesk Content Center. You Can download the Microsoft Service Pack here. 

Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 32 for Windows Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5783

At this time I don't believe that a fix from our end will be included in the upcomming Service Pack for AutoCAD 2016. If the Microsoft Service Pack doesn't help with the behavior please let me know so I can pass that onto development. 

Thank You,

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report