Most objects do not export when opening my DWG File in other programs

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1111 Views, 3 Replies

Most objects do not export when opening my DWG File in other programs

1.jpg

every time I open any other program it comes like this... I have already tried opening in 3dsmax and exporting in 3ds, but it always comes missing objects. Help me pls ❤️

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Most objects do not export

Which file format did you use to export data from AutoCAD?

>> I have already tried opening in 3dsmax and exporting in 3ds

3DS is a very old format to exchange 3D-faces, but keep in mind that 3DS-format can't handle complex geometries. It has a limit of max. number of vertices for one object, that could be a reason that you don't get all objects exported to 3DS.

Please let us know which software exactly you are using to create the geometry and which software is the one you need the geometry to import.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred, thanks for replying. I import to CAST WYSIWYG R36 the DWG file. Finally, I did import to wyg the file and it worked , but the wireframe view lagging so muchh! Have any way to make the truss simpler?

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I import to CAST WYSIWYG R36 the DWG file

Sorry, never heard that, so I don't know that product.

>> Finally, I did import to wyg the file and it worked

So you have got now all objects transferred?

>> but the wireframe view lagging so muchh! Have any

>> way to make the truss simpler?

That depends on what objects you have in your drawing and what type of objects this other application receives when it's opening the dwg-file.

I would create a simple drawing, create one box (3D-Solid) in AutoCAD, save that drawing, import in CAST.... if that works I would look in your primary drawing to make sure all objects, that are 3D-Solids, are exported using command _WBLOCK to a new drawing, then use this drawing in CAST ... better now? Anything missing? If there are objects missed then look to your AutoCAD which types of objects the missing ones are.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta