Did you mean: 

Modeling a terrain as a solid (not a mesh) in Autocad, with a smooth surface

60 REPLIES 60
SOLVED
Message 1 of 61
teocruz105
6286 Views, 60 Replies

Modeling a terrain as a solid (not a mesh) in Autocad, with a smooth surface

Hi. I've been facing problem creating a solid 3D terrain in AutoCad. I'm using DRAPE to create a mesh from curve level. the Mesh looks great. But I need it as a solid. So when I convert it to a solid, the surface looks really bad. I need it as a solid to edit it as such, and the then to export it to STL. The stl file will look as bad as the solid. Does any one know a procedure which allows me to creat a decent solid terrain in AutoCad as solid? I posted this question here some weeks ago( https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/modeling-a-terrain-solid-not-a-mesh-with-a-soft-surface...

and I received good adviceces, but the issue is not solved yet. I am attaching a file that can better explain what I'm talking about.

60 REPLIES 60
Message 61 of 61
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Can  you suggest the way to bring all the buildings to a same ground level for this model. 

I first idea (>>video<<

In a front view I'd select all objects which I can grab with a crossing window whose height is very small (I used 1, you can of course use a smaller value if needed). Move these objects away and you see the remaining objects, which must be moved down. Repeat this until you can grab all objects (here 300) with one small crossing window. 

BTW: At the bottom of each posting you find an "Accept Solution" button  😉 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report