Did you mean: 

Model Space Lock?

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
rcook
11870 Views, 25 Replies

Model Space Lock?

I have been working with Autocad and Carlson Civil for about a year.  I have one drawing that was about 75% completed when I was hired.  It seems as though the model space is locked.  I cannot zoom in or out and pan just to mention a few issues.  When I window an object it will just move it to the center of the screen with no additional zoom.  I can go to a viewport in paperspace and zoom in and out to a point.  I have cleaned up the drawing, resaved as another drawing, purged.... and see no change.  Obviously this has made it extremely frustrating to work with the file.  It has multiple xrefs (pdf, image etc.)  I have uloaded/reloaded and even detached/reattached.  I went so far as to save to another file and deleted all xref, paperspaces, etc except the model space.  It works with Carlson Civil for survey so there is a coordinate file attached to the dwg.  I have been researching but locks seem to be associated with viewports.  Any Ideas?  I have tried regen, regenall....  I am just hoping there is some command I am unaware of.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
rcook
in reply to: nestly2

Used the viewcube for the first time.  It appears to have actually corrected the problem.  Since I am an inquisitive type - is your best guess that the view was "confused"?  My nature is to try and figure out why - but I can say for sure THANKS!!!!.  This has driven me nuts!  And to all those who are out there helping - Thanks for all the responses>

Message 22 of 26
nestly2
in reply to: rcook

I don't have a technical explaination, but the View "Camera" and "Target" are absurdly large distances from the model/origin.... apparently to such a degree that AutoCAD simply can't perform the calculations.  Using the Viewcube changes them to more manageable values.

View.gif

Message 23 of 26
imishaeliabba

I did this trick to unlock the zoom:

1. Command -->> orbit.

2. Orbit the drawing a little bit.

3. Command -->> plan "w" Enter.

Now the drawing is free to be zoomed to any scale.

Message 24 of 26
imishaeliabba

I did this trick to unlock the zoom:

1. Command -->> orbit

2. orbit the drawing a little bit.

3. Command -->> plan -->> w -->> Enter

Now the drawing is free to zoom with any scale.

Message 25 of 26
RSomppi
in reply to: imishaeliabba

You should have been here 6 years ago.

Message 26 of 26
imishaeliabba
in reply to: RSomppi

You are absolutely right, but I was interested in zoom locking and got into
this thread.
While wondering what is going on in that dwg, I found the solution, not the
cause of it, and decided to post the solution.
I hope to be more "real time" next time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta