Did you mean:ย 

Mleader automatic justification lost, and not returning

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
mpa-la
13154 Views, 33 Replies

Mleader automatic justification lost, and not returning

According to my research, if you (meaning someone I have no control over ๐Ÿ™‚ ) manually changes the justification of mleader text with the text editor, there's no getting back the auto justification function.  Even the latest version of stripmtext has a blurb in it that it may not strip justification overrides from mleaders or dimensions, and indeed for me, it does not.  Has anyone found a solution to this that I've missed?  Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34

So my solution was to draw a new mleader and copy/paste text from old/broken mleader. Not ideal, but might help some on smaller projects.

Message 22 of 34
AutoBIx
in reply to: abunchofnumbers

Interesting the fact that is still a problem after few years... some of you knows if autodesk will improve multileader commands??
An "UPDATE" command (like the dimension's one) would be appreciated to reset selected ML to it's default properties.
(geometry and text included)
Such kind of command would solve the issue forever.

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: mpa-la

You can reset the justification by deleting the leaders (CRTL+click and delete) and then adding a new leader.

This only works for the new leader, so the problem still persists if you try to moving the new leader.

Message 24 of 34
mpa-la
in reply to: Anonymous

Lol, this is the forum post that never dies!  Thanks for your tip, it absolutely works!  I'm going to go see if I can mark your post as the solution after all these years.  You deserve a prize, lol!

Message 25 of 34
punisher
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks so much. I will give this a try asap.

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
Message 26 of 34
MauCabrera789

I have yet another solution for you that is way more streamlined than the last one I posted like two years ago (which required explosions and other stuff...)

I wrote a LISP routine that recreates a selected MLeader. It essentially takes some info from the original MLeader, then creates a new one right on top and erases the old one. The new one will have the automatic justification property restored. To use it, download the attached RestoreAutoJustification.lsp and then use the command "Appload" in AutoCAD, load that file, and use the command RestoreAutoJustification, follow the prompts.

For now, the function only allows one MLeader at a time. Maybe some day I'll improve the function to allow for batch processing. 

Few notes (you can read the top of the .lsp file for some more info):

1. Make sure you have well-defined Text & MLeader Styles, and they're "Set to Current".
  2. Set the desired layer for your multileaders in advance.
  3. Set the MLEADERSCALE global variable in advance so your new leaders are properly scaled. 
  4. Make sure your chosen MLeader style has no default text defined in the style.
Message 27 of 34
mpa-la
in reply to: MauCabrera789

Wow, that's a great solution!!  I'm taking a lisp class right now, so I hope such solutions occur to me in the future.  Thanks so much for a streamlined fix!

Message 28 of 34
shaun.cavey

Downloaded and thank you!  Following to see if this gets revised for batch processing.  

Message 29 of 34
helen.jobe

Another few years later...I just discovered this thread and am intrigued by the lsp routine.

MauCabrera789, is there a specific place on the corrupted multileader that I should be selecting?  I keep getting this error no matter where I select it.

helenjobe_0-1695156874849.png

It creates an empty multileader on top of the existing one but I can't seem to get it to recognize the text.

Message 30 of 34
MauCabrera789
in reply to: helen.jobe

I vaguely remember getting this error every now and then. You should be able to click anywhere on the corrupted MLeader. Would you like to post your drawing (or a sample) where this error is happening so I can take a deeper look? Thank you!

P.s. quickly tested it on AutoCAD 2022 and it still works. Also, take a quick look at the text at the top of the lsp file (you can open it with notepad) and make sure all of that stuff is all set up properly on your drawing. If none of this works, then yea post your drawing so I can recreate the issue and possibly come up with a solution

Message 31 of 34
DBreisch

First - I appreciate you sharing the LISP although it is not functioning correctly for me, get the same text input prompt.

To AutoDESK - such a failure that this is still a problem in release 2024. Try listening to your end-users and get these bugs worked out.

Message 32 of 34
MauCabrera789
in reply to: DBreisch

DBreisch,

I'll be glad to assist you. Could you share a detailed description of the steps you took that led you to the error? Additionally, if you'd like to share the drawing I may be able to recreate the error and provide further help.

Message 33 of 34
DBreisch

I appreciate your offer but I don't need any additional assistance for now. Unless of course you can get AutoDesk to actually fix the long-time bug.
Message 34 of 34
mikePQH4T

Thank  you MauCabrera789 for this fix!!

I've been looking for a solution for this issue for a long time.

It is laughable Autodesk has not solved this yet. I mean really a software bug nearly a decade old.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report