Did you mean: 

Missing Shortcut No acad.exe

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
cc4535
18739 Views, 18 Replies

Missing Shortcut No acad.exe

Okay, background. I uninstalled AutoCAD 2016 per white paper instructions and did a reinstallation of AutoCAD 2016.

Now I get this error. "Missing Shortcut blah blah blah" I go to the folder and the acad.exe is missing, by the looks of it there are a ton of folders and files not here either (See image attached). It looks like AutoCAD 2016 never fully installed. I have cleaned out every area the white paper said and even did a find for autocad 2016 in the registry.

AutoCAD 2014 works just fine. I have done a reinstall, Repair and even a full uninstall again. No idea why it seems it does not install all of the files necessary to run AutoCAD 2016.

I also went extreme and uninstalled every single piece of AutoDesk software and cleaned out the registry for anything that said Autodesk. I installed all of the 10 products I use and everyone works but AutoCAD 2016. I am dumfounded.....

I have attached a .png of the AutoCAD 2016 folders content.

Chuck Conley
M3 Engineering
Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: cc4535

Why did you have to uninstall 2016 in he first place?
What are you clicking on that presents you with this error message?

On my PC the acad.exe file is here C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016
Message 3 of 19
TheCADnoob

try searching you system for the file in your windows explorer. if you find it you can repair the shortcut with the new path or you can create a new one. 

CADnoob file search.png

I'd rather learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice

CADnoob.com |Facebook |Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Alumni EESignature
Message 4 of 19
Patchy

or the Installation file is bad.

Message 5 of 19
cc4535
in reply to: pendean

It was installed and migraded all of the 2014 stuff which I do not want. My work has some very old custom content and I figured it would be much easier to start fresh than to go through it and weed out what they had added.

If you look at the .png I attached that is the same location as you are specifying.

Chuck Conley
M3 Engineering
Message 6 of 19
cc4535
in reply to: TheCADnoob

I have done a search and all I could find is a 2014 acad.exe
Chuck Conley
M3 Engineering
Message 7 of 19
cc4535
in reply to: Patchy

I have tried multiple installation files, we have BDSP and BDSU tried both of them. and I used the same one on all of the other PC's
Chuck Conley
M3 Engineering
Message 8 of 19
pendean
Message 9 of 19
cc4535
in reply to: pendean

That is the location of this exact posting. ???????

Chuck Conley
M3 Engineering
Message 10 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @cc4535,

It appears from your screen capture that AutoCAD 2016 has not completed it's install. Do you have more than one monitor on this workstation? Perhaps there is something on another screen that is waiting for direction.

Here is a prior post with best practice for installing product. I would go through it step-by-step for your 2016 installation.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 11 of 19
cc4535
in reply to: john.vellek

I have tried a dozen times to install/repair and complete unistall and nothing seems to get AutoCAD 2016 to install completely.

Chuck Conley
M3 Engineering
Message 12 of 19
john.vellek

Hi cconley,

Please attach the install log which will let me know at what point the install is failing. Let's see if we can get this taken care of for you today!

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 13 of 19

So what was the fix,I am experiencing the same.

Message 14 of 19

Hi @alexandrefrappier98,

Which version of AutoCAD are you using? Can you send a copy of the install log? It sounds as if the installation is not complete.  You can try a clean uninstall and then re-download using the virtual agent.

If you want to run the Installation Diagnostic tool first to see what might have gone wrong you can find it here.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 15 of 19

We are running autocad 2016.Where would I locate the install log,and we have tried a clean uninstall and reinstall twice with no success.

Message 16 of 19

Here is the log I think you are asking for

Message 17 of 19

Here is the setup log.

Message 18 of 19

I updated to windows 10 and reinstalled Autocad and everything is fine now.

[Signature]
Chuck Conley
M3 Engineering
Message 19 of 19

The issue is unresolved. Please see my above post.

Edited: My previous post was moved to: Split Post for anyone still having this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost