Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD.exe shortcut missing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
matthew_peters
1433 Views, 3 Replies

ACAD.exe shortcut missing

The solution for this problem has not been fully provided.

I have just finished my 5th attempt at installing AutoCAD and each time, Acad.exe does not install. I assume several other

files are also not installing, but can't verify that.

This was done after a clean uninstall and a fresh download from the virtual agent.

Also, the install doesn't fail. It completes with a success screen. However, not so successful if the main executable doesn't get installed.

@matthew_peters, Re: Missing Shortcut No acad.exe, john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: ACAD.exe shortcut missing

This thread was split from here

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @matthew_peters,

I am sorry you are having this install problem.

The solution for the OP was to do an OS Update. This indicates to me that there was something corrupt or invalid in their operating system which might be the same case for you.

Here is a link to an Installation tool that can analyze your install log to check for failures although I am not sure if it detects a complete install.

I suggest that we start a new thread on this since the OP's issue was resolved and yours is not. It might be due to a different issue.

Is a rebuild/OS update something you can consider for your installation? If so, I would proceed with that and follow the Best Practices in this post for your install of AutoCAD.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4

Here's the HTML output after loading the AutoCAD setup log file.

Message 4 of 4

I am experiencing a similar problem - no acad.exe after a clean uninstall and supposed successful reinstall following the best practices described in this and related posts.  I have run the AIDA application following my install efforts and have attached two files.  One a PDF of the browser-displayed html file generated automatically when AIDA was opened, and the .zip file is the result of loading the latest install log file and analyzing it.  Not sure why but the PDF shows all kinds of problems and analysis says all is well.  Any help would be appreciated a great deal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report