Did you mean: 

Missing object in viewport

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
3087 Views, 25 Replies

Missing object in viewport

In the model tab my drawing has all the objects in it and in my two viewports in layout 1 tab I'm missing one object part of my drawing  there in the third viewport in my layout 1 tab that I'm trying to create and when I go to create the third viewport in my layout 1 tab within the title block one of my objects is missing from the drawing inside the third viewport. but in model tab drawing its there. why isn't it showing up in layout 1 tab in the third viewport? and how do i get it to appear in my third viewport in layout 1 tab with my other two viewports in layout 1 tab that has the missing object in the third viewport but its not missing in  my other two viewports thats in layout 1 tab? 

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you please attach the DWG file, and if you can't due to sensitive content, then erase everything except the relevant objects and then saveAS and attach that.

Otherwise we could be going back and forth and guessing for days or weeks.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 26
imadHabash

Hi,

I suggest to type Layer command in that viewport where you miss the object and check VP Freeze tab . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Here is the drawing attachment. It seems in the viewport the general notes has been deleted or is missing in the viewport but not in model tab which is where the drawing is appearing from in the viewport when I create the viewport in layout 103 tab?

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

That didn't work

Message 6 of 26
rkmcswain

That is an empty drawing.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Here is the drawing attachment. It seems in the viewport the general notes has been deleted or is missing in the viewport but not in model tab which is where the drawing is appearing from in the viewport when I create the viewport in layout 103 tab?

Message 8 of 26
ennujozlagam

your drawing is an xref file from other saved path folder either you copy to the same directory of your titleblock or reload your xref file? thanks

win1.JPGs2.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

What do you mean by directory?
Message 10 of 26
ennujozlagam

your file is an xref file so try to copy the xref file in the same folder directory of your title block  and open again or repath your xref file and see my post screenshot.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 11 of 26
rkmcswain

That is the same attachment (DWG) as you put in post 5, and it's still empty.

You are missing the xref.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

i unloaded and reloaded and same xref in model tab and same xref showed back up and when i did that that still didn't work when i try to create a new viewport in layout 103 tab. what I dont understand is it worked for the other two viewports drawings in the title block in layout 103 tab but not this one. the only thing missing on the the viewport I'm trying to create is the general notes in the drawing which its there on the xref and the other two viewports but not in the viewport im trying to create. why i dont know, thats what i cant figure out and you cant explode the objects in the drawing there all connected together when you select them or highlight them. they're not separate.

Message 13 of 26
pendean

@Anonymous This one viewport has these two XREF layers frozen in it: the other viewports do not.

pendean_0-1634648499582.png

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I dont know why the drawing is not appearing as an attachment. It is saved to a usb device im attaching it from though. Dont know if thats the problem. None of the vp freeze layers are frozen. and what difference would it make anyways, those layers i want frozen its just the dimensions and floor hatches anyways that not the whole drawing with other numerous layers. why does these two layers matter? ill try again though

Message 15 of 26
pendean

@Anonymous I am not sure why you are only posting the same xref-free file over and over and over again

pendean_0-1635169326577.png

pendean_1-1635169379215.png

BUT... this time around I see you have an XREF layer you may nor may not need set to NOPLOT now for everywhere

pendean_2-1635169503519.png

And in tab A-102 some of your XREF layers are frozen in the top viewport

pendean_3-1635169677042.png

Do you know how to use ETRANSMIT command?

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous

I dont know why the drawing is not showing up on your end of the viewports but it is on mine and i really dont want to go in and start changing things making things worse because i myself am still learning. I'm trying to get different part of the drawing in different viewports because to edit and change scales and manage the layers. and to get different part of the drawing to show in different viewports if you would read my second explanation of what I'm trying to do with a-103 layout tab and i have no concern with the a-102 layout tab drawing either so i dont know why you want to mess with that either. 

What exactly are trying to get me to do for you with noplot besides get the drawing to show up on your end and i want to keep the setting the same and what is going to happen with etransmit command, what is that going to do to the drawing? 

Message 17 of 26
jrreid

What Mr. Pendean is telling you is we need the XREF file to test it fully.

E:\TrainingDataFolder\Chapter 14\C14\I14A-FPLAYO.dwg  (this is the missing file)

But if you look at what he highlighted you can see layers are frozen in the Viewport.

Go into your View ports and un-freeze the layers and see if they show up.

One more... I did a test and made a file with that name... it did not show up in the View port... are you sure you have the zoom right? I had to zoom way out for the detail I did to show up ??

One hint that I do. Go into your View port and hit CTRL A. and select them all.

Turn On. Unfreeze. This should work all of the time.

Hope this helps.

JRR.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous

Im just trying to get the object general notes to show up in the top left viewport with the drawing. there are three viewports in the a-103 layout title block. When you create the viewport the xref file should show up in the viewport but the general notes are not appearing after doing that but it does in the other two viewports. whatever it is you are doing has nothing to do with what i just typed. Maybe you should zoom in and out of the viewports to get the drawing to show up but everything is fine on my end. I dont know why its not cooperating on your end.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: jrreid

Im just trying to get the object general notes to show up in the top left viewport with the drawing. there are three viewports in the a-103 layout title block. When you create the viewport the xref file should show up in the viewport but the general notes are not appearing after doing that but it does in the other two viewports. whatever it is you are doing has nothing to do with what i just typed. Maybe you should zoom in and out of the viewports to get the drawing to show up but everything is fine on my end. I dont know why its not cooperating on your end. i have executed what you all have asked me to do.

Message 20 of 26
Anonymous

here is i14-fplayo.dwg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta