Did you mean: 

Missing object in viewport

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
3655 Views, 25 Replies

Missing object in viewport

In the model tab my drawing has all the objects in it and in my two viewports in layout 1 tab I'm missing one object part of my drawing  there in the third viewport in my layout 1 tab that I'm trying to create and when I go to create the third viewport in my layout 1 tab within the title block one of my objects is missing from the drawing inside the third viewport. but in model tab drawing its there. why isn't it showing up in layout 1 tab in the third viewport? and how do i get it to appear in my third viewport in layout 1 tab with my other two viewports in layout 1 tab that has the missing object in the third viewport but its not missing in  my other two viewports thats in layout 1 tab? 

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
jrreid
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for attaching your XREF. Must say I have never seen this before... but...

So.. the notes you have did it come from another software?

If you click onto it the text shrinks up with double image. Strange it shows in the other viewports you have.

I could not get it to show in a new drawing as well. But I made a new MTEXT and copied your contents into it with correct size. Save that off and it shows up. If you explode your MTEXT is is cut up into small pieces for some reason that leads me to believe it came from another software and was imported.

Any how... take a look at the attachments.. in the XREF top Mtext is yours and the one below is the new one. The new one is the one that shows up in your drawing.  I would delete the old Mtext so it don't get populated elsewhere.

Hope this helps you out.

JRR.

Message 22 of 26
cadffm

Hi @Anonymous  (and @jrreid )

GUID-77F095D7-8E86-4AFB-923A-91F30D8DE308

What you can see here is the ANNOTATION FEATURE, came new in Version2008.

A lot to learn. This feature is very powerful, but it need to learn the commands,

settings and handling, otherwise you get trouble.

In short: (M)Text, Blocks, Hatch, Dimensions..

with property Annotativ=Yes are displaying in supported (anno)scales ONLY,

except AnnoAllVisible is on. Each "annotation object" can support multiple and differently annoscales.

OBJECTMASS to add and remove scales from the objects, if Annotative is set to Yes.

It allows objects to be excluded from the display (if annoallvisible is off),
But the main goal is: to display objects in different scales, but in the same size in the plot.
Simple example: Text with hight 1 in 1/4 "is also in 3/8" displaying with hight 1
for thor this, set annotation = yes, add scale 1/4 and 3/8 to the object by objectmass.

I recommend: First learn a lot and learn a lot before using the technology,
because it can also cause unnecessary trouble if you are not yet sure how to use it.

Generally Important about Viewports: Look at the properties of a viewport, there are THREE scaling properties - not just one.

Annotation scale = Controles the annotation objects [if you don't use annotation feature and no anno objects in your file&xrefs, useless - i Prefer 1:1 in this case]

Standard scale = a way to set the right scale for your viewport by select a named scale (actually irrelevant, but nice to have)

Custom scale = THIS is the leading scale factor of a viewport (nothing else)*

*the scale factor in all viewports in all layouts looks for me not matching common scales 😉

Links

*ANNO* in your help - [F1] all variables ans commands

One of a lot Videos about it - Click

How to use annotative text and dimensions in AutoCAD, <- follow the last link to Adesk University

--

Hints

What I can see:

On the left, we are inside the Xref-file, GENERAL NOTES is an annotativ object (check CTRL+1 palette)

and supports two anno scales: 1/4" and 3/8"

= will appears while 1/4" or 3/8" annoscale is active in the current viewport

and we can see in the Statusbar, annoallvisible in Model tab is ON

= all anno objects will appears, independend if the the current anno scale is active or not.

(two STYLEs are set to annotative, thats means new Text with these styles get annotative=yes as default)

On the right, all three viewports of Layout A-103

Above is the viewport in question an we see: anno scale 1:1 is active,

but the MText (General Notes) supports just 1/4" and 3/8"

and annoallvisible is set to OFF in this viewport,

that's why General Notes are hidden in this viewport.

HTH

I-A-100.png

Sebastian

Message 23 of 26
lfielder

did you try an match properties from the view ports that have the notes showing up? worked or me. you should also concider creating a vport layer.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

The only thing I had to do was enable show annotation object button on the status bar, didn't have to do all that other stuff with scales plus i cant read german, i guess thats the language your in
Message 25 of 26
MKACHKAR

MISSING VIEWPORT BY OBJECT

Message 26 of 26
cadffm
in reply to: MKACHKAR

Hi,

press [F1]

Search for MVIEW (Command)

If there is an orange {FIND} button, click it.

BTW: Please, don't Hijack other thread with a different content. Your question is offtopic.

And write about your productname and productversion, screenshots of the whole program window are often also senseful for helpers.

THX

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report