Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Linetypes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
zachUDEDM
1814 Views, 6 Replies

Missing Linetypes

Started up my computer this morning and noticed that all instances of the Zigzag linetype are being replaced by dots.

Checked the command line log and noticed that it said the .shx file was being substituted.  

See attached screenshot.

Turns out everyone in the office is going through a similar problem, no one can see the zigzag line.

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gotphish001
in reply to: zachUDEDM

Did someone go in to your linetype (assuming a network location) file to change an existing one or for some other reason and accidentally alter the zigzag one since everyone is having that issue? Go into the file and see if something obvious is messed up with it or post the notepad file here and someone can look and see if it should work how it's typed.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 3 of 7

It appears as though the shape file listed is not available within the support path structure so that it can be used for the linetype.  Can you confirm what version you are running, as well as look in the support directory to see if the shx file is actually there?

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 4 of 7
zachUDEDM

Found it, not sure if it was in the correct location though.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\R19.1\enu\Support

Also was talking to support on the phone and he suggested that it might be something wrong with the acad.lin file so I attached that too.

Message 5 of 7

The lin file won't cause an issue with an existing drawing, those linetypes are already embedded in the file.  Is the support path in which you found the six file also in your support file search path in the options dialog -> files tab?

The path you found it is where it should be.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 6 of 7

Ya, checked the path and both it pointed to the folder where the files were.

I found a copy of the ACAD.lin file on an unaffected computer and replaced the one one mine, and it worked for a test file.  However, when I opened up the project file where I first noticed the problem, the zigzag line still didn't display properly and even the test file broke again.  Is it possible something in the background drawings of that file could be corrupting the linetype data? 

Message 7 of 7
BeKirra

@zachUDEDMwrote:

Turns out everyone in the office is going through a similar problem, no one can see the zigzag line.

Can anyone help?

Can you check if a new add-on routine is loaded when the problem is found? Ask your CAD manger/IT support. They may tell the truth.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta