Did you mean: 

MaxArray not recognized in command line

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2772 Views, 8 Replies

MaxArray not recognized in command line

In what versions of Autocad is it possible to increase the maximum number of array objects over 100 000? According to the website (webpages with dates within the past 2 years), some versions have a MaxArray variable that may be increased, but I see many posts from other people who have problems with "setenv" and "MaxArray" not being recognized in the command line.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
GrantsPirate
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know which releases this works with, but I would think any fairly recent ones.  Just tried it with 2002, works great.

AutoCAD help file will give you the information you seek.

hint

"At the Command prompt, enter

(setenv “MaxArray” “n”)

where n is a number from 100 through 10000000 (ten million)."

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

I have tried typing in exactly (setenv "MaxArray" "200000"), and other similar things. I have also tried just typing in set..., setenv etc, to see what suggestions pop up above the command line, but the only similar suggestion that comes up is setvar, which does not recognize MaxArray. I know that many different Autodesk help pages say that the setenv command and MaxArray should work, but I have had no luck on several different Autocad versions that I have tried (2015, 2018, mac, PC...). I also notice that the gridlines do not cover a very large area. In the version of Autocad that I worked with in the past (no longer have access to that computer), the workspace was infinite, and I had several 6mm x 6mm arrays in one layer with ~200000 objects each. Is Autocad LT better for 2D drawings than Autocad? I tried asking these questions to the sales people at Autodesk, but they do not seem to be very familiar with these technical details.

Message 4 of 9
GrantsPirate

Oh, lisp is not available in LT, explains why the (setenv ....  isn't recognized.

In 2018LT, help shows to enter SETENV at the command line, then MAXARRAY, finally the value desired.  I don't have earlier LT releases to check this on, works fine in 2018.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 9
cadffm

amy.suttonVCZ7U schrieb:

In what versions of Autocad is it possible to increase the maximum number of array objects over 100 000?

To my knowledge in all versions (since R14 / LT98, twenty years ago)
In LT it is easy to set via SETENV, only in Fullversions where the commands getvar and setvar are not available,
you have to use Lispfunctions getenv/setenv and there it is important to note the case-sensitiv of enviromant-variables.
Your example is well right - "MaxArray"

Set MaxArray to 200.000

AutoCAD     command: (setenv "MaxArray" "200000")

for AcadLT   Command:  setenv maxarray 200000

Sebastian

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Thank you everyone for your answers so far. The versions I have been using are all Autocad (not LT so far) student versions. The lisp functions do not seem to be available. Could it be that the free student version does not have this set of commands? Has anyone gotten these commands to work on a student version?

Message 7 of 9
cadffm

There are no student-versions, there are only student-licenses, the software is the same.

due to this:

AutoCAD command: (setenv "MaxArray" "200000")
for AcadLT Command: setenv maxarray 200000

1.) Please show us what happen when you try that:

command: (setenv "MaxArray" "200000")

2.) What do Acad answer if you type-in SAFEMODE ?
(copy the last lines of Textscreen [F2] or make a Screenshot)

Sebastian

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

I don't know what I was doing wrong before. I have attached screenshots. Now, when I type:

(setenv "MaxArray" "200000")

it works. Thank you! The program doesn't recognize setenv on its own (it tries to recommend other commands like setvar.

When I type:

SAFEMODE

The following is displayed:

Command: SAFEMODE

SAFEMODE = 0 (read only)

Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (1).png

Message 9 of 9
Ali.Katebi

Read this web page:
https://blogs.rand.com/support/2013/09/autocad-why-does-autocad-not-create-my-large-arrays.html

On this page, you can read:

Changing Max Array
1.) On the command line type (setenv "MaxArray" "10000") This can be a number between 100 - 10,000,000
2.) Hit the <enter> button and now the value is set.

(setenv "MaxArray" "10000")

( = Opens the code
setenv = Set the environment variable
"MaxArray" = Name of variable to change
"10000" = value to change this variable to
) = closes the code

Note:
This must be typed exactly the way it is on this Document this is case sensitive

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report