Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Missing lines when plotting

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
2290 Views, 21 Replies

MAC Missing lines when plotting

Please/ begging/ desperate for help. I am using autocad 2013 on Mac and plotting to hp designjet 510. Lines are always missing when I print especially medium to thin lines or hidden lines or for example hatch tile lines. I use the plotter also on a pc and there are no problems at all. I changed the thickness of my lines in ctb and still have lines missing. I change percision to 1 and same thing. If I print draft, normal or best I still have problems. I know how to spool and use in built memory on pc but can not find something similar on the mac and dont know if that will help, as i printed same drawings from pc. It seems that when there are close lines together or dense lines in an area, it just skips them.  

Any advise would be great as frustration is high and starting to regret getting the mac. 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
I guess i have to print from preview which will be annoying especially when i have alot to plot.

You can create Layout for each sheet you want to print (it is not too difficult, because all your sheets are identical in paper size and in settings), then use Batch Publish feature to create individual PDFs for each sheet (or publish to one multi-sheet PDF file). Then open those files in Preview and print them all in one click.

I think it is rather FAST way then print sheet by sheet from Model space.

@Anonymous wrote:

I will contact hp and see if they can sort this out. As you said, might be a hp driver issue with the mac, but then again i have same problem on my hp 1220c and my hp officejet 6500. Is it possible that all the hp drivers are not working with mac or is it the mac autocad?

I contacted Apple and HP in 2009 (!) because believe me or not - there was no printer software for DesignJet 500 plotter at all (nor from Apple, nor from HP) on Mac OS!

The first drivers for DesJet 500 appears in 2010 or in 2011 and the quality of printing was extremely poor.

Only latest drivers (ver. 23.0) gives acceptable results.

hp 1220c is also an old printer and I'm afraid nor Apple, nor HP will not working on new drivers for it.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 22 of 22
drjohn
in reply to: maxim_k

@maxim_k wrote:
Dear DJ,

hpdj500wx64pclen.exe is universal PCL driver for DesignJet 500 for Windows. It is PC executable and Macs can not handle such executables. Besides this inside this executable are true Windows components which can not be accepted by Mac OS.

Maxim

Thanx for the edification.  I am not MAC qualified.Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report