Did you mean: 

Lofting always produces a surface

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lovecraft
375 Views, 4 Replies

Lofting always produces a surface

Every time I run the LOFT command, specifying that I want to produce a solid using the MODE option, I end up with a surface.  Typically, the profiles used are regions or p-lines and I am familiar with the types of paths that should work.  I wouldn't normally use this command for the type of work I do, but sometimes SWEEP won't get the job done, for various reasons.  Does anyone know of any system variables or other settings that could be affecting these results?  Any input is appreciated.

thanks,

LC

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: lovecraft

I will wager that your profile(s) are not closed.

Attach your dwg here and end all doubt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: lovecraft

LOFTing polylines works as expected for here, but with regard to REGIONs, AutoCAD does seem to disregard the MOde and always produce Surfaces.

Related --> LINK

Message 4 of 5
lovecraft
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the input, both of you.  Profiles are definitely closed - I understand your suspicions about that, JD.  Nestly, I will try substituting polylines for regions.

LC  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
lovecraft
in reply to: nestly2

The key to this is definitely using polylines in place of regions.  You really made my day, Nestly!  Works like a charm!

Thanks,

LC  Cat Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report