Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines Not Printing from AutoCAD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1283 Views, 4 Replies

Lines Not Printing from AutoCAD

I have many plans drawings in my computer. I have started a new folder of drawings and have assigned the

plan framing, text, and dimension to separate layers. When I print what I have done, the printer only prints the dimension layer. I have printed off other plans that I have contructed and have no issues. All plans are assigned to

separate folders. The printer checks out fine with other works that I have produced. What may be the problem?

@john.vellek wrote:

Hi @rrapalee,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Can you tell me specifically which lines are not printing properly?  When I plot to PDF it seems to look ok.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Is it possible to share your drawing file(s) so I can see what might be going on?

In  the mean time, try using SETBYLAYER and then verify that all your layers are set to plot.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
cadffm

Layer property PLOT set off? Command: Layer
Color of objects set to 255,255,255 or similar (or if the color is ByLayer, check the color of Layers)

Upload a sample dwg and you get the perfect answer.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
jayhar

Hi Friend,

<<<<<I have many plans drawings in my computer. I have started a new folder of drawings and have assigned the

plan framing, text, and dimension to separate layers.>>>>>>

"did you check layer is VP freeze in layout? each layout can create VP freeze ON/ OFF, find the attachments"

<<<<<When I print what I have done, the printer only prints the dimension layer. >>>>>

"Check all layer color & plot in Layer properties manager. find the attachments Layer properties"

<<<<I have printed off other plans that I have constructed and have no issues.>>>>>>

"which pen assignment used"

<<<All plans are assigned to separate folders. The printer checks out fine with other works that I have produced. >>>

"save LAYER STATES and Export PAGE SETUP settings to use another file"

<<<<What may be the problem?>>>>>>>

1, Can you see preview Lines in AutoCAD?

2, Change plotter DWG to PDF

3, Check which layer is line, Color, freeze, plotted etc....

4, Check pen assignment color, may be 255 cannot see.

5, Import last settings LAYER STATES and PAGE SETUP that you plotted

If you feel bad, Please upload Auto CAD file 2013 format for experiment.

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved. Can you share a file that has this problem?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta