Lines Interfere with Center Marks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
595 Views, 4 Replies

Lines Interfere with Center Marks

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to make it so lines(dimension, center-lines, continuous, etc.) don't interfere with my center marks on my circles. Can anyone explain how to do this? Below I've provided a pictures.

Thanks!

centermarksnotinterfered.JPGcentermarksinterfere.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

>> lines(dimension, center-lines, continuous, etc.) don't interfere with my center marks on my circles

For dimension lines you can edit your dimension-style and modify the "Offset from origin" parameter there:

20161207_1802.png

For the center-lines it depends if you are using AutoCAD 2017 and the center-line objects or if you are doing that with standard lines.

With standard lines there is no option to have a spacing set to make this automatically.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you Alfred. So for any other lines other than dimension lines I can't have an automatic offset from my center-marks unless I'm using Autocad 2017?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

When drawing your center lines start them at the Quadrant of the circles not the center of the circles

When dimensioning use the quadrant of the circle not the Center

DIMS.jpg

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> So for any other lines other than dimension lines I can't have an automatic offset

>> from my center-marks unless I'm using Autocad 2017?

To be more clear: AutoCAD 2017 also can't do that with normal lines, so lines that have a dashed or dashed-dot linetype do not recognize if they are intersecting any other objects.

The difference in AutoCAD 2017, which helps in that specific case, is the new object "center-line" which knows how to act in the center of circles, and set parameters to the spacings from center, ...

If you really need that in older AutoCAD releases the chances are:

• create a block with a wipeout + a center-line-mark and position that block in the center of the circle
  • use multiple center-lines ending before and starting after the center of the circle.

But both are workaround with very little quality.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report