Line does not appear while drawing

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
72268 Views, 28 Replies

Line does not appear while drawing

hello,

When I use the UCS command and try to draw a line, it does not appear. I only see the line when I enter two points. Generally when the first point is inserted the line is already visible, but when I activate the command the UCS line is no longer visible at the time of its execution.

tanks

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29

Is there something else that can be done? it seems that the graphics clarity suffers with that setting, and with a fresh load, and a new graphics card that is on the AutoDesk approved list, what can be done to resolve this?

Message 22 of 29
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: LydiaDYTSZ

@LydiaDYTSZ wrote:

Is there something else that can be done? it seems that the graphics clarity suffers with that setting, and with a fresh load, and a new graphics card that is on the AutoDesk approved list, what can be done to resolve this?

Since that is in Reply to the author of the Accepted Solution, I have to ask:  Did you try suggestions in this Topic other than the one marked as a Solution?  There are several ideas unrelated to that one, so it would be worth knowing whether you've tried any of those before anyone tries to think of other suggestions.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 23 of 29
LydiaDYTSZ
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thank you for your response. As the approved solution, I understood that was the resolution. I have this same problem on a different machine, and under graphicsconfig setting the hardware acceleration off resolves it, but as I said, I designed this new machine around an appropriate video card anticipating that this was the issue. So I am looking to see if there is something I should be doing on the video card side where Hardware Acceleration can be turned on.  I will review the other posts as you recommend and will reply again.

Message 24 of 29
LydiaDYTSZ

Reviewed the other posts, not effective in resolution of my situation. Considering reloading as my mapcheck is also having issues. 

Message 25 of 29
charetterj5
in reply to: Anonymous

change dragmode settings

Message 26 of 29
LydiaDYTSZ
in reply to: charetterj5

Your note of changing the settings does not assist if further details are not included. I would need to know what to change as I have gone through other settings that I've been recommended

Message 27 of 29
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: LydiaDYTSZ

You can read about it in Help to get the appropriate further details.  But in short:

Change DRAGMODE [type it in to get the opportunity to change it] to "Auto."  Or at Command: line you could put in:
(setvar 'dragmode 2)

If it's "Off" [DRAGMODE System Variable value = 0], you won't see the Line following the cursor as you move it, but the Line will appear after you have picked the next point.  If it's "On" [1], it seems a Line will show as expected, but certain other things require you to type in DRAG in order to see the effect dynamically as you move the cursor.  "Auto" has it showing things dynamically whenever applicable.

If it's already set to Auto, something else is going on....

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 28 of 29
LydiaDYTSZ

OK I will try that because I've been turning 3-D mode on and off and that resolves it but then I'm not 3-D.
M

I can't get into the office for another day or two please hold this open until I can respond again
Thank you
Message 29 of 29
bpolma
in reply to: Anonymous

Confirm that the DRAGMODE system variable is set to "auto"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta